Loyola has a Chapter of Phi Sigma Tau (Alpha of Illinois), An International Honor Society in Philosophy. The purpose of the organization shall be to:
- Function as a student organization.
- Recognize and honor student achievement in philosophy.
- Promote ties between the Loyola Philosophy students and faculty.
- Promote ties between Loyola Philosophy students and philosophy students at other universities.
- Promote interest in philosophy within the Loyola student body.
- Promote the philosophical discussion and debate within the Loyola student body.
The motto of the society is:Philoúnton Sophían Timé, "The honor of those who love wisdom." For more information about Phi Sigma Tau visit http://www.luc.edu/philosophy/phi_sigma_tau.shtml.
- Standford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- American Philosophical Association: http://www.apaonline.org/
- Leiter ("Philosophical Gourmet") Report
- SPEP (Society for Phenomenology and Existentialism Philosophy): http://www.spep.org/
- Philosophy Now (journal): http://www.philosophynow.org/
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Thomas Carson, firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail address for both Phi Sigma Tau and Philosophy Club: LUCPhilosophyClub@gmail.com