- Students may not major and minor in the same discipline.
- Majors: Not less than 21 credit hours in the individual student’s transcript must be unique to each major; that is, the courses in question are considered as actually fulfilling requirements of one major, not of more than one major.
- Minors and interdisciplinary minors: not less than 8 credit hours in the individual student’s transcript must be unique to each minor; that is, the courses in question are considered as actually fulfilling requirements of one minor, not of more than one minor or major.
- General exceptions to Rules 2 and 3 will be made if approved by the chairs/directors of the department(s)/program(s) housing each affected major and minor. A list of standing general exceptions will be maintained by the Dean's office.
- Individual student exceptions may be made in appropriate cases by department chairs and program directors.
- Departments and Programs may enforce stricter double-dipping policies than those stated above, which also should be provided to the Dean’s Office.