We are not planning any upcoming in person events for the time being, but hope to hold a few virtual events soon! Follow us here or on our social media pages to learn when they will be held.
- In partnership with University Libraries and the Caxton Club of Chicago, the School of Communication is hosting its fall art exhibit, opening at 5:00 p.m. on September 17th in the SOC lobby. After the exhibit, the University Libraries will host a panel discussion featuring the artist, Scott Stantis, as well as British political cartoon historian Tim Benson and collector Anthony Mourek. A reception will follow. If you would like to attend, please register here.
- As part of the 2019 Catholic Imagination Conference (Sep. 18-21) SOC Professor Elizabeth Coffman's new documentary, "Flannery," will screen at the Damen Student Center Cinema. The film critic Jonathan Rosenbaum will give a response to the film following the screening.
- Jill Geisler, the SOC Bill Plante Chair in Leadership and Media Integrity, is hosting the Power Shift Summit this fall at the Water Tower Campus. This event requires registration. Please contact Prof. Geisler at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Both events take place from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in Schreiber Center Room 1001. Oct. 22nd is the Networking Secrets night, where students can move between different table talks and learn about Linked In, dressing for success, and more. Oct. 24th is Resume Review Night, where students can bring multiple copies of their resumes and have them reviewed by communications professionals.
- An Octoberfest for School of Communication graduate students, staff and faculty featuring a variety of brats and beverages.
- We are partnering with Career Development Services and the Quinlan School of Business for this fall's Career Fair. Find out more here.
- The Ninth Annual Symposium will be held at the Water Tower Campus on November 7th and 8th, from 8:30am to 5:00pm. Registration is required. Contact Center for Digital Ethics and Policy Program Director Bastiaan Vanacker for more information.
- Please join us for the SOC 2019 December Commencement, which will feature a brunch at 10 a.m. followed by a ceremony and several speakers. Graduating students are permitted to bring three guests each. If you have questions about commencement, please contact Assistant Dean Lauren Sanchez at email@example.com.
If you have any questions abotu upcoming events, please contact SOC Events Coordinator Genevieve Buthod at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributions to the School of Communication are always appreciated. Click here to make a contribution.