Events & Engagement
Lunch and Learn
Throughout the year, we offer professional development lunches on all three campuses. You bring a brown bag lunch; we'll provide training, drinks, and dessert.
In conjunction with Human Resources, Staff Council supports the annual St. Ignatius Day Picnic each July as well as the Staff Christmas Reception each December.
- At the Annual Staff Christmas Reception, University Staff Council hosts a Holiday Contest for the Loyola Employee Emergency Fund (LEEF). Participants create a display item in the holiday spirit, and winners are selected based on donations "votes." All proceeds benefit the Loyola Employee Emergency Fund.
Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards
In addition to recognizing Monthly Commitment to Excellence Award winners, Staff Council awards six distinguished awards at an annual ceremony:
- Staff Member of the Year
- Kay Egan (Person for Others)
- Megs Langdon (Person for Community)
- Student Service (Person for Students)
- Team Spirit
- Rising Star (New Employee)
The Staff Recognition and Excellence Award initiative is a collective effort by University Staff Council and Human Resources.