Loyola University > Summer Sessions > Register > New Students
Summer Sessions Registration for New Loyola Students
Welcome incoming freshman and transfer students
Now that you're an admitted Loyola student, Registration for summer courses is easy through our scheduling system, LOCUS. However, your first step is to contact the Undergraduate Admission Office to discuss the process for registering for the Summer Sessions.
- Incoming transfer students: E-mail email@example.com or call 800.262.2373.
- Incoming freshman: E-mail TBD at TBD or call 800.262.2373.
Once you've contacted the Undergraduate Admission Office, follow the following steps for registration:
1. Login to LOCUS: Use your Loyola ID and password to register. If you do not have an ID or password, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 773.508.4ITS or 773.508.4487 for assistance.
2. To Register:
- Under the student self-service heading, select "Enroll in a Class"
- Select Summer 2023 as the enrollment term, or TERM 1234
- Select "Add a Class"
- You may enter course numbers directly into the enrollment page
- Press the "Submit" button to attempt enrollment in your selections. If you receive a "Success" or "Success/Message" response, you are enrolled. An "Error" message indicates a problem with your request.
- You must click the "Submit" button in order to enroll. If you do not, you will not be enrolled in your selections.
3. LOCUS Help provides detailed instructions and guidelines to using LOCUS shop, drop, and swap courses.
4. If your registration is blocked by a hold, you will receive a block message when you try to add or drop a course. You may use the "Holds" function in your LOCUS Personal Portfolio to determine if you have a hold and whom to contact to have the hold removed.
5. If you have any questions about using LOCUS, please call the ITS Service Desk at at 773.508.4ITS or 773.508.4487 or e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
It is a serious violation of university policy for a student to attend any class without first registering for it. Instructors may not make exceptions to this policy.
1. Loyola generates electronic bills (e-Bills) every month for student accounts that have balances. Students are notified by an email to their Loyola email account when a new e-Bill is generated. Loyola does not mail paper bills. For more information, please visit the Office of the Bursar.
2. Please update your address, telephone, and other information, if necessary. Students are responsible for ensuring that Loyola has accurate student addresses on file. This can be done through LOCUS.
3. To avoid incurring fees, students must complete their withdrawals using LOCUS. Please review the withdrawal schedule to note important dates.