Let's get started
Loyola is the right place for you. It doesn't matter where you began your journey, Loyola can be the school where you finish your degree and achieve your goals.
For international transfer students, the process is a little different. Find out how.
Make the most of all your hard work
Loyola University Chicago strives to be a transfer-friendly school and accepts credit from over 1,400 institutions. College credit is evaluated for all admitted transfer students who have sent in official transcripts.
Get a firsthand look
We encourage you to visit both campuses, especially if your areas of interest include majors located downtown. We recommend that you register for both a tour of the campus and an appointment to meet with a transfer counselor.
Come learn more about Loyola on our beautiful Lake Shore Campus. Your visit will include a tour of the campus with a current student and an information presentation highlighting the University and the admission and financial aid process.
- Location: The Undergraduate Admission Office is located in the Sullivan Center for Student Services
- Days and times available: Weekday campus tours are offered at 10:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. each day. Please allow two hours for the full visit.
Individual Appointments for Transfer Students
While you're here, schedule an individual appointment with one of our transfer counselors. Get a personal overview of the transfer process, discuss your transfer plans and interests, and share any questions you have one-on-one with a counselor from our Transfer Center.
Campus based appointments must be scheduled in advance.
- Location: Lake Shore Campus
- Days/times: Monday-Friday at 10:00 a.m., and 2:00 p.m.
Online Appointments for Transfer Students
If you cannot make it to campus, or would feel more comfortable meeting virtually, you can join us for an online appointment. Get a personal overview of the transfer process, discuss your transfer plans and interests, and share any questions you have one-on-one with a counselor from our Transfer Center.
- Location: Online Zoom
- Days/times: Monday-Friday at 11:00 a.m., and 3:00 p.m.
With a current Loyola student as your guide, you will visit our academic facilities, the Terry Student Center, and more at the Water Tower Campus. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a view of a residence hall room on this tour.
- Location: Tours depart from the Undergraduate Admission Office on the second floor in the Schreiber Center.
- Days/times available: Mondays-Wednedays-Fridays at 10:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m.
Get to know us
We're here to answer any questions you might have about the transfer admission process, and we have many different chances for you to take advantage of.
At this group presentation on our Lake Shore campus, you can learn about Loyola, program options, credit transfer, merit-based scholarship opportunities, and more. You can also tour campus and meet a counselor from our Transfer Center to help you on the path toward earning a degree.
Transfer students who are unable to schedule an on-campus visit are encouraged to attend an online information session before or after applying to the University. The session will include information on the transfer admission and enrollment process, transfer credit policies and resources, and financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Online information sessions are offered monthly.
We encourage students to meet individually with a transfer counselor to discuss your questions about the transfer process, credits, remaining degree requirements, and program duration.
Students who are able to come to campus can schedule an individual appointment with a transfer counselor.
|Lake Shore Campus
Students who are unable to come to campus, or who are more comforatble with a online appointment, can schedule a Zoom meeting with a transfer admission counselor.
Help us get to know you
We know (and you know) that your talents can not summed up in a single number, so we take a holistic approach to reviewing your application.
Steps to Apply:
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: December 1
2. Application: Submit online at LUC.edu/apply. No application fee.
3. College Transcript(s): Send official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended directly to:
Loyola University Chicago
Undergraduate Admission Office
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Sullivan Center, Room 150
Chicago, IL 60660
Official electronic-certified PDF transcripts are also accepted. Please send them to transfer@LUC.edu
**For added flexibility during the admission process, we may accept unofficial transcript(s) for conditional admission. However, official transcript(s) are required to receive a transfer credit evaluation report and before students can register for classes. It is important to note that students who do not provide the official transcript(s) by the date specified on their acceptance letter will be unable to enroll in courses.
4. High School Credentials: if you have completed fewer than 12 credits of college work, send your official high school transcript(s) complete with senior year grades and graduation date and a recommendation letter. Official ACT/SAT scores (SAT is 1412, ACT code: 1064) are optional.
5. Other Documents: As needed.
Optional Documents: resumes, essays/personal statements are optional but can compliment your application.
Applications for our Engineering program are only available for the fall semester. They are reviewed on a rolling basis until spaces are filled, and applicants will be notified if a waiting list is enacted.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all college coursework completed. Prerequisite work will be factored into the cumulative average.
- A minimum grade of “B” is needed for prerequisite required courses.
|General Biology I
|General Biology I Lab
|College Physics I
|College Physics II
|College Physics II Lab
* Admitted transfer students into the Engineering program may be required to take a 1 credit hour summer course, Engineering Design Fundamentals (ENGR 100) prior to the start of the fall semester.
To apply for transfer admission to the Engineering program the following documents are needed:
- Completed undergraduate transfer application
- One set of official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Engineering Prerequisite Completion Form
Submit an international transcript evaluation. International transfer students need to request a Course-by-Course Evaluation or a Catalog Match Evaluation from to complete their application. Students who decide to enroll will be required to submit a Catalog Match Evaluation in order to receive credit for any courses taken abroad.
Demonstrate English Proficiency by submitting one of the following
- Official TOEFL score (score of 79 or higher)
- Official IELTS score (score of 6.5 or higher)
- Official Pearson Test of English (score of 53 or higher)
- Official SAT or ACT score
- Official Duolingo English Test (score of 110 or higher)
- Successful completion of English Composition I & II at a U.S. institution with a grade of B or higher
Submit an international transcript evaluation. Students need to request a Course-by-Course Evaluation or a Catalog Match Evaluation from Educational Perspectives to complete their application. Students who have decided to enroll will be required to submit a Catalog Match Evaluation in order to receive credit for any courses taken abroad.
6. Tests for Credit. If applicable, submit official scores for Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Exam Program (CLEP) or International Baccalaureate (IB). Learn more about Loyola's credit by exam guidelines.
7. Application Status: It can take 4-6 weeks to receive an admission decision. You can check your status anytime by returning to your application portal at LUC.edu/status. Once you are admitted, you can submit an enrollment deposit on you portal to hold your spot.
If you will be applying for a student visa, you will receive additional instructions and assistance following your admission decision. Students will be invited to the ISSS Portal through their LUC email address and will need to complete an I-20 Request. Be prepared to upload a copy of the ID page from your passport, supporting documents showing funds available for the total cost of the year of study, and an Affidavit of Support (if applicable). These items are not required to receive your admission decision.
Keep a Lookout for Your Next Steps
Once you've applied, your status page is your home page, allowing you to track the key next steps on your road to enrollment.
It may take 4-6 weeks for you to receive a decision about your file. This timeline may fluctuate depending on the application volume and time of year.
Discover the Value of Loyola
Don't get stressed out. There's a lot to figure out when it comes to paying for school, but our graduates are proof that a Loyola education is an outstanding value. Loyola University also offerstransfer scholarships. Learn about applying for financial aid, and find out what our alums have to say.
Incoming transfer students received financial assistance in 2019
million dollars in Loyola funded grants and scholarships annually for undergraduate students
in the list of Best Value Schools by US News & World Report
You deposited, now what?
After submitting your enrollment deposit, you will need to register for your Orientation small group discussion and an Academic Advising appointment when they become available on your application student portal.
Loyola's Orientation small group discussion is an opportunity to meet other new transfer students and talk about the transition to academic and student life at Loyola. Orientation Leaders, who are upper-class students, will share their Loyola Experience with you, answer your questions, and do their best to ensure your smooth transition into the Loyola community!
During your virtual academic advising appointment, you will meet with an academic advisor who will go over your transfer credits and help you plan your remaining courses.
Have an Orientation question? Check out some Orientation FAQs!
Spring Semester Start
Priority application deadline for transfer admission & academic scholarships
Deposit refund deadline
Spring semester begins
Fall Semester Start
Priority filing deadline for FAFSA
Priority application deadline for transfer admission & academic scholarships
Deposit refund deadline
Fall semester begins
Have questions about Loyola University Chicago's application process? Wondering about the status of your application? Contact the Undergraduate Admission Office at 800.262.2373.