Let's get started
Loyola is the right place for you. It doesn't matter where you began your journey, Loyola can be the school where you finish your degree and achieve your goals.
For international transfer students, the process is a little different. Find out how.
Make the most of all your hard work
Loyola University Chicago strives to be a transfer-friendly school and accepts credit from over 1,400 institutions. College credit is evaluated for all admitted transfer students who have sent in official transcripts.
Get a firsthand look
We encourage you to visit both campuses, especially if your areas of interest include majors located downtown. We recommend that you register for both a tour of the campus and an appointment to meet with a transfer counselor.
*Covid-19 update: For the safety of our visitors and community, the Undergraduate Admission Office will be offering both virtual and modified in-person visit opportunities throughout the spring to connect with Loyola. Please review your registration instructions for our protocols for visitors; we will be unable to provide appointments for walk-ins. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 800-262-2373.
Come learn more about Loyola on our beautiful Lake Shore Campus. Your visit will include a tour of the campus with a current student and an information presentation highlighting the University and the admission and financial aid process.
- Location: The Undergraduate Admission Office is located in the Sullivan Center for Student Services
- Days and times available: Weekday campus tours are offered at 10:45 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. each day. On busy weekdays, we also offer one at noon. Please allow two hours for the full visit.
Note- Lake Shore Campus Tours have been suspended until further notice.
While you're here, schedule an individual appointment with one of our transfer counselors. Get a personal overview of the transfer process, discuss your transfer plans and interests, and share any questions you have one-on-one with a counselor from our Transfer Center.
Campus based appointments must be scheduled in advance. At this time, we will only be accepting Illinois residents for our campus based appointments. Any student who signs up for an appointment that does not have a current Illinois address will be removed from the schedule.
- Location: Lake Shore Campus
- Days/times: Monday-Friday at 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm
If you cannot make it to campus, or would feel more comfortable meeting virtually, you can join us for an online appointment. Get a personal overview of the transfer process, discuss your transfer plans and interests, and share any questions you have one-on-one with a counselor from our Transfer Center.
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Days/times: Monday-Friday at 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., and 4:00 pm
With a current Loyola student as your guide, you will visit our academic facilities, the Terry Student Center, and more at the Water Tower Campus. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a view of a residence hall room on this tour.
- Location: Tours depart from the Undergraduate Admission Office on the second floor in the Schreiber Center.
- Days/times available: Monday-Friday at 9:30 a.m., noon and 2:15 p.m.
Note- Water Tower Campus Tours have been suspended until further notice.
Get to know us
We're here to answer any questions you might have about the transfer admission process, and we have many different chances for you to take advantage of.
Please note- On Campus appointments are limited to Illinois Residents at this time.
At this group presentation on our Lake Shore campus, you can learn about Loyola, program options, credit transfer, merit-based scholarship opportunities, and more. You can also tour campus and meet a counselor from our Transfer Center to help you on the path toward earning a degree.There are no On-Campus events available at this time.
Transfer students who are unable to schedule an on-campus visit are encouraged to attend an online information session before or after applying to the University. The session will include information on the transfer admission and enrollment process, transfer credit policies and resources, and financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Online information sessions are offered monthly.
We encourage students to meet individually with a transfer counselor to discuss your questions about the transfer process, credits, remaining degree requirements, and program duration.
For the safety of our visitors and community, the Undergraduate Admission Office will be offering both virtual and modified in-person visit opportunities throughout the spring to connect with Loyola. Please review your registration instructions for our protocols for visitors; we will be unable to provide appointments for walk-ins. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-262-2373.
In person appointments are limited to Illinois residents. Students who register for an appointment and do not have an Illinois address will be removed from the schedule.
Students who are able to come to campus can schedule an individual appointment with a transfer counselor.
|Lake Shore Campus||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||2:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.|
Students who are unable to come to campus, or who are more comforatble with a virtual appointment, can schedule a Zoom meeting with an admission counselor.
|Virtual, Online||9:00 a.m.||10:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||2:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.|
Help us get to know you
We know (and you know) that your talents can not summed up in a single number, so we take a holistic approach to reviewing your application.
1. Check our deadlines. Applications are considered on a rolling basis and are reviewed on a space-available basis. For scholarship consideration, please submit your application by June 1 for fall semester and December 1 for spring semester. You can view a list of transfer scholarships here.
2. Submit the online application. There is no fee to apply.
3. Send us official transcripts from all colleges you have previously attended. Transcripts can be sent directly to:
Loyola University Chicago
Undergraduate Admission Office
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Sullivan Center, Room 150
Chicago, IL 60660
Official electronic-certified PDF transcripts are also accepted. Please send them to transfer@LUC.edu
**September 1, 2020 Update- Loyola University Chicago is committed to supporting all prospective students throughout the Covid-19 outbreak. To allow for more flexibility, we will be accepting unofficial transcripts from students who attend a college which has instituted reduced hours and increased processing time on transcript requests. In order to register for your classes over the prior to the start of school, you will need to submit your official transcript(s). Please note that failure to submit your official transcripts by August 6, 2021, will result in being unable to enroll in courses for Fall 2021 semester.
4. Send us your high school transcripts and official copies of your ACT and SAT scores if you have completed less than 12 credits of college work. Loyola’s code for the SAT is 1412, and our ACT code is 1064.
Letters of recommendation, resumes, personal statements, writing samples, and essays are not required for the transfer application. If provided though, these items will be accepted as supplemental information and added to your application file.
5. Submit official test scores for AP/IB credit, if applicable. Learn more about Loyola's credit by exam guidelines.
6. Submit any additional documentation needed
Applications for our Engineering program are only available for the fall semester. They are reviewed on a rolling basis until spaces are filled, and applicants will be notified if a waiting list is enacted.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all college coursework completed. Prerequisite work will be factored into the cumulative average.
- A minimum grade of “B” is needed for prerequisite required courses.
|Calculus I||4 Credits|
|Calculus II||4 Credits|
|General Biology I||3 Credits|
|General Biology I Lab||1 Credit|
|College Physics I||3 Credits|
|College Physics II||3 Credits|
|College Physics II Lab||1 Credit|
|Computer Science||3 Credits|
|Engineering Graphics||3 Credits|
* Admitted transfer students into the Engineering program may be required to take a 1 credit hour summer course, Engineering Design Fundamentals (ENGR 100) prior to the start of the fall semester.
To apply for transfer admission to the Engineering program the following documents are needed:
- Completed undergraduate transfer application
- One set of official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended
- Engineering Prerequisite Completion Form
7. Submit your enrollment deposit once you're admitted, so your place in the class is reserved.
Keep a Lookout for Your Next Steps
Once you've applied, your status page is your home page, allowing you to track the key next steps on your road to enrollment.
It takes approximately 2-3 weeks for you to receive a decision about your file. This timeline may fluctuate depending on the application volume.
Discover the Value of Loyola
Don't get stressed out. There's a lot to figure out when it comes to paying for school, but our graduates are proof that a Loyola education is an outstanding value. Loyola University also offers transfer scholarships. Learn about applying for financial aid, and find out what our alums have to say.
Incoming transfer students received financial assistance in 2019
million dollars in Loyola funded grants and scholarships annually for undergraduate students
in the list of Best Value Schools by US News & World Report
Fall 2018 Applicants
After submitting your enrollment deposit, please register for orientation through your applications status page.
Loyola's Orientation for transfer students is a mandatory one-day program that is comprised of sessions to introduce you to what life is like at Loyola. During Orientation, you will learn about the many programs and services that are available to you as a Loyola student, meet with an academic advisor, and register for your Fall semester courses.
Orientation Leaders, who are upper-class students, will share their Loyola Experience with you, answer your questions, and do their best to ensure your smooth transition into the Loyola community!
Have an Orientation question? Check out some Orientation FAQs!
Spring Semester Start
Deposit refund deadline
Spring semester begins
Fall Semester Start
Priority filing deadline for FAFSA
Priority deadline for academic scholarships
Deposit refund deadline
Fall semester begins
Priority deadline for academic scholarships
Have questions about Loyola University Chicago's application process? Wondering about the status of your application? Contact the Undergraduate Admission Office at 800.262.2373.