Make an Appointment
The WLA reading room is open by appointment only. We are available to provide remote assistance to researchers, answer reference requests, and accept donations by mail with advance notice. In accordance with University guidelines, please note the following requirements for onsite research at the WLA:
- Appointments may be made Monday-Friday concluding by 4:30pm.
- Masks are no longer required at the WLA. Masks are provided by the WLA if desired.
- Please do not come to campus if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
To make an appointment, please email WLArchives@luc.edu with the following information:
- The name of the collection and boxes you would like to see.
- Some possible days and times for an appointment, allowing at least 1-3 business days from the time of your request.
To provide the best service possible, the WLA typically does not honor same day appointment requests.
If you are running late, or can no longer make your appointment, please call 773.508.8837 or email the WLA to let us know. We reserve the right to cancel an appointment if a researcher repeatedly no shows, arrives more than 15 minutes late to an appointment without prior notice, or does not provide collection information in advance of their visit.