Academic advising in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) is an integral part of our larger mission of promoting your academic success. Academic advisors assist you with a variety of academic matters, including:
- Accessing important academic information
- Applying transfer credits
- Connecting to other university offices
- Course selection and registration
- Planning progress toward graduation
- Resolving problems that affect your academic performance
- Understanding university policies and procedures
To learn more about Academic Advising at SCPS along with resources, scheduling appointments, and advisor-student expectations, please refer to the Academic Advising Syllabus. Students are encouraged to review this syllabus ahead of their academic advising appointments. For additional appointment scheduling support, please contact SCPS at email@example.com or at 312-915-6501.
Provide Support: Express Academic Advising
If you would like to connect with your Academic Advisor, SCPS offers “Express Advising” where students can join a 10-15 minute live chat with their advisor to address their academic concerns and questions. Express Advising is available on Tuesdays from 1-4:30pm CST by accessing the link below or visiting: https://bit.ly/ExpressAdvisingSCPS. Please understand express advising hours are not available on days when the University is closed.