Instructions on Applying to Arrupe College
We have streamlined the Arrupe College application process to make it as simple and straightforward as possible. To be considered for admission, you must complete all of these steps in the application process:
1. Submit the online application. Be sure to select the 2018 Arrupe application.
2. Ask your high school to send us your official transcript. Transcripts can be sent electronically to Loyola University Chicago or they can be mailed to:
Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60660
3. Arrange to have your ACT or SAT scores sent to us. We strongly suggest that you send us your test scores in support of your application. Please use Loyola University Chicago's SAT code of 1412 and ACT code of 1064 to submit your scores.
4. Submit a 500-word essay on the following topic: Describe a challenging situation that you have been through. How did you handle that situation? What have you learned from that experience? You will be able to upload your essay after you submit your application.
5. Submit a letter of recommendation from your college counselor. If you do not have a college counselor, the letter may be submitted by an individual who is involved in your college search process, such as a teacher or principal.
6. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please use Loyola University Chicago's school code (001710) when submitting the FAFSA. If you are an undocumented student or a DACA-eligible student, you are not required to file the FAFSA.
After all application materials are submitted, selected students will be invited to interview for admission to Arrupe College. More information on completing this interview will be made available to selected students after an initial review of the application.
Please note that students who are admitted to Arrupe College must successfully complete a summer enrichment program in order to begin taking classes.