Bike Friendly University
In 2016 and again in 2022, Loyola’s Lake Shore Campus was recognized as a Bike Friendly University (BFU) by the League of American Cyclists. Loyola joined over 220 campuses from across the country in receiving this designation.
The BFU program recognizes campuses that have sought to improve conditions for bikers across the following categories:
- Equity & Accessibility: A Bicycle Friendly America for Everyone
- Engineering: Creating safe and convenient places to ride and park
- Education: Giving people of all ages and abilities the skills and confidence to ride
- Encouragement: Creating a strong bike culture that welcomes and celebrates bicycling
- Evaluation & Planning: Planning for bicycling as a safe and viable transportation option