Bike Commuter Challenge
Bike Commuter Challenge: June 6 - June 19, 2022
Thank you to all who participated in the 2022 Bike Challenge! Thank you also to Neighborhood Initiatives, ChainLinks, and the Office of Sustainability for supporting pit stop events on all three campuses.
This year, the Rolling Ramblers had 28 bikers riding over 1,100 miles during the challenge.
The Top Riders for miles biked by campus were:
- Water Tower Campus - Megan Kelly
- Lake Shore Campus - Cooper Simons
- Health Sciences Campus - Ryan Ferdowsian
Congratulations and we'll see you next year!
Bike Commuter Challenge: June 14 - June 28, 2019
Thank you to all who participated in the Loyola team in the 2019 Bike Commuter Challenge!
LUC had 86 riders biking over 4,800 miles and earning 12,830 points over the two weeks.
The 2019 Top Riders for distance biked by campus were:
- Lake Shore Campus – Tom Moloney – Student Services
- Water Tower Campus – Lukas Keapproth – University Marketing
- Health Sciences Campus – Richard Duff – Comparative Medicine
Thank you to Loyola's Human Resources Department, Chainlinks, the University Transportation Committee, and Office of Sustainability for supporting the 2019 Bike Challenge!
Bike Commuter Challenge: June 15-June 29, 2018
In 2018, Loyola was one of the winning organizations for the Education category! http://bikecommuterchallenge.org/page/winners
LUC had 36 riders biking over 1,600 miles and earning 4,685 points over the two weeks.
Thank you to all our Loyola team for their participation in the 2018 Bike Commuter Challenge!
The 2018 Top Riders for distance biked for the two Lakeside campuses and this year the winners are:
Elizabeth Shermer – Lake Shore Campus
Patrick Decker – Water Tower Campus
Congrats also to Kristen Lawrence for being one of the ATA’s raffle prize winners.
The Bike Commuter Challenge 2018 was brought to you by Loyola Human Resources, Campus Transportation, and Office of Sustainability.
Bike Commuter Challenge: June 16-June 30, 2017
Congratulations to our 2017 Bike Commuter Challenge Winners!
Loyola won in the education category for employers between 2,500 and 4,999 staff! Loyola University ranked 19th overall out of 306 teams. We earned 4,284 points logging 1,429 miles. Out of our 26 riders, the top mileage and points was Patrick Decker of Water Tower Campus. The leading rider from the Lake Shore Campus was Zhenwei Zhu for points and miles.
The Loyola Team participated in the 25th Annual Bike Commuter Challenge, June 10 - 17, 2016
Each year, Loyola participates in the Bike Commuter Challenge, a competition between Chicagoland companies and schools to see who can commute by bike the most. It's FREE to participate and top riders will be eligible for prizes. You don't have to bike every day or even the entire way to work- just make one trip during the Challenge and you help Loyola become the Bike Commuter Champs.
We had just over 50 employees on the team, and logged 367 rides for a total of 2,218 miles.
- In competing with the other companies, of the 217 companies involved for total miles Loyola University Chicago came in 5th, and for the number of trips we came in 6th place. Both are great results!
- Two of our employees (Daniel Monreal with Campus Safety and Stephen Ravenscraft with UMC, both at Water Tower) were in the top 5 for miles by rider, out of over 3,600 riders region-wide.
- In our category, Education Institutions with 500-2,499 Employees, we came in second place. We had 2.47% participation.
We had great volunteer support from Campus Transportation, Human Resources, ChainLinks, and University Libraries. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Loyola’s Bike Commuter Challenge Team is sponsored by the Office of Sustainability, Human Resources Department and the Campus Transportation Committee