- Because of the intensive nature of the two-week time frame, students are allowed to register for only one course in J-Term.
- All course policies are established by faculty members in conformity with the guidelines of the department and College or School.
- Final exams, if assigned, are scheduled on the last day of the term.
- Incomplete grades can be given at the discretion of faculty member based on standard College, School, or University policy as outlined here under the "Incomplete Grade Form" section.
- For most courses the grades will be posted in LOCUS within 72 hours from the last day of the session, however, for some courses posting of grades may take longer.
- A J-Term course can be canceled for various reasons such as unexpected instructor unavailability, or failing to meet minimum enrollment of students for that course.
- Check back for the last date of course cancellation.
- In the event a class is cancelled, students will be notified via their Loyola e-mail address.
- Learn more about online courses from our Online Learning webpage and Academic Continuity website.
- We recommend that students meet with their academic advisor to discuss course options and if the J-Term immersive two-week structure works for them.