- Because of the intensive nature of the two-week time frame, students are allowed to register for only one course in J-Term.
- All course policies are established by faculty members in conformity with the guidelines of the department and College or School.
- Final exams, if assigned, are scheduled on the last day of the term. Incomplete grades can be given at the discretion of faculty member based on standard College, School, or University policy as outlined here.
- For most courses the grades will be posted in LOCUS within 72 hours from the last day of the session, however, for some courses posting of grades may take longer.
- A J-Term course can be canceled for various reasons such as unexpected instructor unavailability, or failing to meet minimum enrollment of students for that course. No courses will be cancelled after Tuesday, December 21, 2021. In the event a class is cancelled, students will be notified via their Loyola e-mail address no later than Wednesday, December 22, 2021, giving students time to enroll in a different class before registration closes on Sunday, January 2, 2022.
- Learn more about online courses from our Online Learning webpage and Academic Continuity website.
- We recommend that students meet with their academic advisor to discuss course options and if the J-Term immersive two-week structure works for them.