Loyola University Chicago

January Term

Financial Aid

Limited financial aid is available to students to be applied to the tuition, fees and book expenses of January-Term.  Costs for the J-Term must be processed through loans separate from those in place for Fall and Spring semesters. Aid for Fall/Spring is not available to meet the costs for January Term courses.   

Note: No financial aid is available for living expenses, as the living expenses for this period of time are already included in the costs considered for Fall/Spring financial aid awards.

Types of Aid

Private loan

Eligibility for these loan programs is based on the creditworthiness of the borrower.  For most undergraduate students, a co-signer will also be required for a loan to be approved. 

During January Term, Private Loans may be borrowed for the full tuition, fees and book supplies.

For more information or to apply for a private loan, click here to begin the application process.

Veterans Educational Benefits (VA)

The Financial Aid Office participates in all applicable federal programs for veterans, servicepersons, and their dependents.

Students wanting to use VA education benefits must submit the VA-Request for Enrollment Certification before the Office of Military Veteran Student Services electronically sends the Certification of Enrollment (VA Form 22-1999b) to the VA. Once the VA processes the enrollment certification, students will receive an e-mail from vaonce@va.gov notifying them that enrollment information has been processed.