The Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program is designed to provide post-baccalaureate students with the classes necessary to apply to medical, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, optometry, podiatry, or most any other allied health professional school.
This program is tailored specifically for students who already have completed a bachelor’s degree but have not completed the science courses necessary for admission to medical or health professional schools. Please note that in order for your application to be reviewed by the admissions committee, your transcript(s) must note that your bachelor’s degree has been conferred.
*Having completed (or attempted) more than one of the traditional pre-requisite science courses for health professional school (e.g. inorganic chemistry, biology, physics, organic chemistry) may prevent admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Program.
In this program, students can take advantage of:
- Science classes (both lectures and labs) limited in size to allow for more personalized academic attention. Most lectures are not larger than 60 students and lab/discussion sections are usually limited to no more than 30 students.
- Science classes are available at times convenient for working students; during the daytime and occasionally in the evening and on the weekends.
- Early registration access.
- Individual career counseling offered by experienced professional pre-health advisors.
- Workshops, seminars, and conferences covering various issues relevant to aspiring healthcare professionals.
- Individual assistance in preparing applications for admission to medical and other allied health professional schools.
- ONLY pre-medical and pre-dental students may take advantage of the Pre-Health Advisory Committee Program.
For financial aid consideration, prospective post-baccalaureate students must complete FAFSA prior to starting program.
- Qualifying applicants must complete the "preparatory coursework" form through Financial Aid.
- Post-baccalaureate students pay undergraduate tuition and fees. Please see the Office of the Bursar Tuition & Fees 2020-2021 page for more information.
- Please direct any Financial Aid questions to the Financial Aid office. They may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information on the post-baccalaureate program, please be sure to review these pages: