BBA in Accounting
The BBA in Accounting degree program at the Quinlan School of Business is both rigorous and flexible. Students who major in accounting pursue careers in auditing, taxation, systems, consulting, and management accounting. Coursework prepares students for the CPA, CMA, CFM, and CIA examinations. In addition, qualified students may enter and graduate with a Master in Accountancy (MSA) in as little as one additional year of study.
You may also want to consider our BBA in Accounting and Analytics program.
About the Accounting and Business Law Department
Loyola University Chicago's Accounting and Business Law (ABL) Department is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools, worldwide. Faculty members in the Accounting Department are dedicated to excellence in teaching and scholarship. Accounting faculty at Loyola strive to:
- Enable students to apply financial and managerial accounting concepts in decision making
- Convey the technical knowledge and understanding of accounting necessary to begin a successful career in the field
- Encourage students to seek internships to provide on-the-job experience
- Develop students' communication, intellectual and interpersonal skills
- Create a learning environment where students reach their greatest potential in moderate-sized classes taught by professors who excel in both teaching and research
- Foster a professional orientation, emphasizing the ethics and values necessary for accounting professionals
The department also offers scholarships for accounting majors interested in public accounting.