Mission, Vision, and Values
Student Academic Services supports students’ successful transitions throughout their Loyola Experience by providing instruction, coordinated guidance, and personalized support for all. We embody Loyola’s social justice commitment to working with the underserved.
Our programs, services, resources and spaces focus on helping students build their capacities for progress and success in and out of the classroom.
All LUC students will engage with appropriate SAS programs, services, courses, and interactions to make successful transitions into and through the university toward a fulfilled post-graduate future.
All LUC students will graduate with a first destination in sight and an emerging commitment to values developed out of an authentic sense of self.
SAS will be an exemplar division among Jesuit institutions, contributing significantly as scholar-practitioners on the national level.
We believe that, enriched by a Loyola education, our students have the power to change lives and create a more just world.
Our work is built on a foundation of
- The pursuit of a more just society through service to others
- Professional excellence and a commitment to talent development
- The Ignatian heritage of caring for the whole person – cura personalis – in an environment of critical reflection and sustained discernment
- Mutual, active engagement with students for their growth and potential
- Collaborative relationships with colleagues built on inclusion, respect, and integrity
- Curiosity, innovation, and creativity in finding enduring solutions