Loyola University Chicago

Sustainability Committee

Other Project Funding Resources

For student, faculty, and staff interested in advancing projects there may be other more appropriate resources available to you. These may be grants, fellowships or scholarships.

Research initiatives should review opportunities available by LUROP and the Office of Research Services.

  • The Rachel Carson Scholarship (SES) provides the opportunity for students to learn about nature by studying in nature through summer coursework at Loyola’s Retreat and Ecology Campus (LUREC).
  • The School of Environmental Sustainability Undergraduate Research Fellowship program is designed to bring innovative research opportunities to students at Loyola University Chicago. The focus of the program is for students to conduct interdisciplinary research on issues related to unsustainable natural resource uses in the greater Chicago land region.
  • The Carbon Fellowship program (LUROP) offers a full two-year, interdisciplinary research opportunity for undergraduate students majoring in Biology, Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Physics or Statistics.

You can find information about additional undergraduate research programs at Loyola Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (LUROP).

Another resource to look for hands-on learning opportunities is through Loyola University Chicago's Center for Engaged Learning, Teaching, and Scholarship (CELTS). CELTS serves students, faculty, staff, and community partners as a resource for community-based experiential learning opportunities and partnerships.

The Mulcahy Scholars Program  (College of Arts and Sciences) was formed to facilitate close working relationships between Loyola students and faculty. Through the program, students work with faculty members on projects of scholarly significance that reflect the diversity of academic activity throughout the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS).

Student groups should seek resources through SAGA or their affiliated academic unit.