Accessing First and Second Year Advising Services Online
The First and Second Year Advising physical office is temporarily closed in response to federal, state, and local advisories to maintain social distancing. During this time, all FSYA services remain available to our students.
Current students: All students may schedule appointments with their assigned academic advisor using Navigate, which is accessible at www.luc.edu/navigate (Navigate tutorial) or using the Navigate Student App (Navigate app tutorial), which can be downloaded from the Apple Store and Google Play.
For all other inquiries, please email email@example.com. Most replies will be sent within one business day. Voice messages left with our main office line (773.508.7714) will also be checked daily and receive prompt replies.
Welcome to First and Second Year Advising
The Office of First and Second Year Advising is here to help you with all your academic advising needs.
How can we help you today?
- I am incoming student and want to learn more about advising at Orientation.
- I have a question about Academic Policies.
- I need help finding a form.
- I need help with my Academic Plan.
- I need help choosing a major.
If none of those resources have answered your question, please schedule an appointment, or join drop in advising.
Schedule an Appointment if you...
- Need to review your academic plan
- Want to talk about studying abroad
- Need major/minor discernment assistance
- Need to talk about academic difficulties
- Need to talk about academic probation, SAP appeals, and other academic policies.
Join Express/Drop-In Advising if you...
- Need assistance to enroll in, drop or repeat a course
- Changing a major/minor
- Need to complete an exit interview
- Have a LOCUS question
- Need permission to retake a course
- Have a quick question
Email your academic advisor if you...
- Need to schedule or reschedule an appointment
- Are running late to an appointment