To complete your format check submission, you must complete every registration step and fully submit your thesis or dissertation to the website listed below.
Dissertations and theses turned in as a part of the graduation requirements at Loyola University Chicago must be formatted according to the rules laid out in the Formatting Manual for Theses and Dissertations created by the Graduate School.
To ensure that theses/dissertations are formatted correctly, each thesis/dissertation must undergo a format check by the staff of the Graduate School prior to the submission of final copies. For the format check, you must submit a full electronic draft of your manuscript to the Graduate School's electronic submission website, ProQuest ETD Administrator.
Correctly formatted final copies of theses/dissertations may be submitted after the thesis approval/dissertation defense. Additional materials must also be prepared for submission with the final copies of the thesis/dissertation. Refer to the Formatting Manual and to the Submission Process link below for information about these additional materials.
Visit the FAQs page for answers to new questions about the electronic submission process.
- Format Check and Final Copy Submission Process
- Format Manual for Theses and Dissertations
- Format Check Checklist (clean)
Questions regarding the format check and the final copy submission process should be directed to:
The Graduate School hosts two info-sessions each semester about the thesis and dissertation formatting process. Make sure to follow weekly Graduate School Announcements emails for more information.
- Instructions for Thesis and Dissertation
- Approval Ballot for Text and Oral Defense
- Sample Oral Defense Announcement
* The Thesis/Dissertation Committee Form, Thesis/Dissertation Proposal Ballot, and the Request for Change in Degree-Seeking Status are located in the Graduate Student Progress System at https://gsps.luc.edu/. Please log in to submit these forms.
** Medical Center Biomedical Science Students MUST Use LUHS Forms.