Fall Recruiting Update
Loyola University Chicago School of Law has instituted a mandatory Pass/No Pass grading policy for Spring Semester 2020. Given this decision along with feedback we have received from employers about preferences for recruitment for Summer 2021 and the added time firms may need to assess their future hiring given the COVID-19 crisis, we have decided to move our OCI dates from August 2020 to early February 2021.
We are thankful for your interest in our students and look forward to welcoming you to our campus in early 2021. Please contact Hollis Hanover, Director of Employer Outreach at email@example.com with any questions.
Every year, Loyola University Chicago School of Law hosts an On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) program for employers who wish to interview our law students for summer internships, summer associate positions and permanent positions. There is no fee to participate in our program. We welcome all types of employers:
- Large, Midsize and Small Firms;
- Federal, State and Local Government Agencies;
- In-house Legal Departments; and
- Consulting and Accounting Firms.
For employers who can’t make it to campus, but want to include Loyola students in their fall recruiting, you may set up a Resume Collect. In addition, if you are unable to make the trip to Chicago, we can arrange videoconference interviews for your convenience.
On-Campus Interviewing (OCI)
Loyola's OCI program offers you the opportunity to interview students graduating in 2021 (3Ls & LLMs) and 2022 (2Ls). Our revised 2020 OCI season will begin on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Employers will select which applicants they would like to interview. There is no lottery system. If you are interviewing for one full day, you can select up to 17 students; for a half day (morning or afternoon), you can select up to 9. To participate in on-campus interviews, register by following the instructions below.
Register for OCI on Pearson
1. Set up an account (if you do not already have one)on our PEARSON database.
- Click on the "Sign Up" button and follow the instructions.
- Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your account.
2. Log into your PEARSON account. (Your PEARSON username is the email address associated with your PEARSON account.
3. Click on "Register" under "Register for OCI." All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields.
4. Select an "OCI Round" from the dropdown menu.
5. Complete the registration form paying special attention to the following registration fields:
- Enter three interview date options and start times.
- Under Interview Preferences, select whether you would like to interview for a full day or a half day
- Under “Additional Information” you can include any details or requests (E.g. request two interview rooms or schedule interviews in the afternoon)
- Under "OCI Contact Information," click on "Use My Information" to autofill your contact information.
6. Click "Next."
7. Click on "Post a Job" in the top right corner.
8. Complete the job posting registration form paying special attention to the following registration fields:
- Under "Job Description," tell us if you have any GPA, rank or experience requirements or preferences.
- Under “Application Method” click on “Apply via This Site”
- Under "Application Documents Required," check the box next to the documents you require students to submit. Click on the red "X" for documents you do not require the students to submit.
- Under "Primary Job Contact," click on "Use My Information" to autofill your contact information.
- Under "Who Can Apply," select the appropriate student group(s). For example, you can select FT(full-time)- 2Ls and PT(part-time) – 3Ls
9. Click "Submit."
In order to ensure the highest standards of professionalism, fairness, transparency, and nondiscrimination, Loyola students and all employers using the services of Loyola's Office of Career Services shall adhere to Loyola's Recruiting Policies.
The Career Services staff looks forward to working with you in your recruiting efforts. If we can be of any assistance, please contact us. We are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by e-mail at email@example.com.