2021 MMLA Conference Theme
"Cultures of Collectivity"
November 4-7, 2021
Check out the 2021 CFP
The Program Information Form is due on June 15, 2021.
The Deadline for session organizers and chairs to submit the Session Abstract Form is September 15th. This form is optional.
For a complete listing of our deadlines visit the Deadlines page.
To book a room at our conference hotel, click here.
The registration fees for the 62st Annual Convention in Milwaukee, WI are as follows:
Registration Fees are Non-Refundable
- Through August 15 -- Early Bird Regular Member Registration (full-time faculty, administrators, schoolteachers and librarians): $95
- Through August 15 -- Early Bird Special Member Registration (students, independent scholars, part-time, unemployed or retired members): $45
- August 16 to October 15 -- Regular Member Registration (full-time faculty, administrators, schoolteachers and librarians): $105
- August 16 to October 15 -- Special Member Registration (students, independent scholars, part-time, unemployed or retired members): $55
- After October 15 -- Late Registration Regular Members (full-time faculty, administrators, schoolteachers and librarians): $160
- After October 15 – Late Registration Special Members (students, independent scholars, part-time, unemployed or retired members): $80
Registering for the Convention
PLEASE NOTE: Registration links for the 2021 conference are currently disabled until we determine the format of our event. We will be making an announcement around July 15, 2021 at which time, we will enable the links. The early bird registration period will be from July 15, 2021 until August 15, 2021.
All attendees must be members of the association to attend the convention. The deadline for convention presenters to pre-register is August 15, 2021. Registration can be easily completed via mail or online using a third party vendor, 123Signup.
IMPORTANT: Because of printing deadlines, convention presenters must register by August 15, 2021 in order to be included in the printed program.
Registration fees and membership dues are separate items that must be purchased. The blue rectangular button below will allow you to pay them both at the same time, but they are separate line items that must be selected. Dues covers two issues of the Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association, the right to submit articles and review to be considered for publication, and the right to apply for fellowships and awards that are supported by the MMLA. Registration fees cover the cost of meeting rooms, audio visual equipment, receptions, keynote addresses, and professionalization workshops.
NOTE: A convenience fee is charged when using the third-party vendor, 123Signup, for online registration that covers automated addition to our email database and conference nametag creation.
The MMLA does not provide group registrations for departments or schools. All presenters and chairs at the convention are required to register individually.
Credit cards will not be accepted on-site. Late and on-site registration fees can only be paid using cash, check or via our third-party online vendor, 123SignUp.
Membership fees and information is available on the "Forms" page.