2021 MMLA Convention Theme
"Cultures of Collectivity"
November 4-7, 2021
Hilton Milwaukee City Center
509 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI, 53203
Hotel reservations can be made at the member rate until October 14 and can be canceled without penalty three business days prior to arrival.
Learn more about MMLA's health, safety, and COVID-19 protocols.
The MMLA Program Book is now live!
Session organizers and chairs, thank you for submitting your respective Program Information Form and Session Abstract Form by the appropriate deadlines.
The Program Information Form was due on June 15, 2021.
The optional Session Abstract Form was due on September 15, 2021.
The deadlines webpage holds additional important dates related to the 2021 convention.
The registration fees for the 62st Annual Convention in Milwaukee, WI are as follows:
Registration Fees are Non-Refundable
- Through October 15 -- Regular Member Registration (full-time faculty, administrators, schoolteachers and librarians): $95
- Through October 15 -- Special Member Registration (students, independent scholars, part-time, unemployed or retired members): $45
Registering for the Convention
Registration for the 2021 conference is now open! Please register with our online provider, Whova. You may also pay membership dues and convention registration fees by mail. To complete the registration process by mail, please download, complete, and return the appropriate forms.
- All attendees must be members of the association to attend the convention.
- Convention presenters must register in order to be included in the convention's program.
- Each convention participant and attendee must register individually. The MMLA does not provide group registrations for departments or schools.
Registration fees and membership dues are separate items that must be purchased. The registration button below will allow you to pay for both at the same time, but they are distinct line items that must be selected.
- Registration fees cover the cost of meeting rooms, audio/visual equipment, receptions, keynote addresses, and professionalization workshops.
- Membership dues cover two issues of the Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association, the right to submit articles for review to be considered for publication, and the right to apply for fellowships and awards that are supported by the MMLA.