Declaring a Major or Minor
Students who wish to major or minor in Music should:
- Start at the Hub.
- Make an appointment with the Director of Music, Anthony Molinaro.
- The director will assign an advisor in the student’s area of study, create an appropriate schedule, and answer any questions the student may have.
Academic Advisor / Faculty Advisor
All undergraduate students at Loyola are assigned one academic advisor.
- If you are a freshman or sophomore, your advisor is in the Office of First and Second Year Advising.
- If you are a junior or senior, Advising is handled by the Deans Office of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- If you declare a Music major, the Department will assign you a faculty advisor to advise on music courses.
Meeting with your Advisor
Majors and minors should consult their advisor regularly, for assistance with meeting major and minor requirements, more general curricular advice, and career suggestions. Consulting with the advisor may be especially helpful in November and April, when students register for the upcoming semesters. Advisors will also give information on auditions and performances.
To find out who your advisor is, log into LOCUS and look at the bottom right of the screen.
If you believe you are a Music major and do not see an advisor, please contact the Director of Music, Anthony Molinaro.
Click the links below for details on course requirements.
The Office for International Programs (OIP) offers over 100 programs in 55 countries with centers in Rome and Vietnam. OIP is dedicated to making sure that all students have the opportunity to participate in a program. For more information, click here.
If you are planning studying abroad, you may need to seek out early course approval for major, minor, and core credits. It is imperative that you meet with your faculty advisor to create a plan to stay on track for graduation.