Registration for the Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee is now open for the entering class of fall 2020!
The Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee Registration Materials are available here: https://forms.luc.edu/prehealth/login/login.
- Registration for the Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee is entirely online via the Pre-Health application database (https://forms.luc.edu/prehealth/login/login) accessible from the Pre-Health Professions website.
- The Registration Deadline is 5:00 PM Monday, November 19, 2018 (Central Time).
- A number of application materials must be satisfactorily completed and submitted by this deadline; Committee applicants will need to begin working on these materials in advance to meet the November 19, 2018 deadline.
- Applications for the 2019 Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee may be submitted prior to the November 19, 2018 deadline.
Eligible Loyola students and alumni who submit a satisfactorily completed Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee Application by the November 19, 2018 deadline may apply to medical and dental schools, for admission in fall 2020, through Loyola University Chicago’s Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee. Those who do not submit a satisfactorily completed application or submit an application after the deadline may still apply for admission in fall 2020, but must do so on their own without the use of the Loyola University Chicago’s Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee and without the coordination of letters of evaluation through the Pre-Health Professions Program.
It is recommended (not mandatory) that Loyola students and alumni interested in participating in the Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee attend a Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee Information Session. Sessions are repeated with the same content covered in each.
- Wednesday, October 24, 5 PM – 6 PM, Cuneo 311, LSC
- Monday, October 29, 5 PM – 6 PM, Cudahy Science 202, LSC
- Thursday, November 8, 5 PM – 6 PM, Cudahy Science 202, LSC
The Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee process can be a valuable experience. If you do decide to participate in the Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee process, we welcome you and encourage you to make the most of it!
For further information, please contact Pre-Health Professions by phone at 773-508-3636 or via email at PHAdvising@luc.edu.
Applications for the Pre-Health Award are now open!
Loyola University Chicago will grant up to five Pre-Health Awards each academic year in the amount of $2,500 each to currently enrolled, full-time LUC students. The awards are distributed in one installment in February of 2019 provided eligibility is maintained after the fall 2018 semester.
The awards reduce one’s financial burdens and, by doing so, offer promising pre-health professional students greater opportunity to further cultivate their candidacies for health professional schools. Such financial assistance may allow the selected students more freedom to engage in volunteer patient-care experiences within their field of interest, defray the cost of applying and traveling to health professional schools, and assist with other activities that entail financial demands.
Applications must be completed by 12:00 PM (noon) on Monday, November 19, 2018, and letters of evaluation must be received no later than 12:00 PM on Friday, December 7, 2018.
Visit https://forms.luc.edu/prehealth/login/login to apply!
During the academic year, drop-in advising hours are Monday - Friday, 2 PM - 4 PM.*
*Drop-in advising will not be available on Wednesday, November 21, 2018, but advisors will be available for individual appointments. Regular drop-in hours will resume on Monday, November 26, 2018.
Students/Alumni can also call our office at 773.508.3636 to schedule a full advising appointment.
To continue to receive pre-health announcements or to join for the first time follow these instructions:
- Go to http://www.luc.edu/career/ramblerlinkuserlogins and login to your RamblerLink account
- Once logged in, on the left-hand side bar, select Profile > Academic
- In the Pre-Health Newsletter section, select “Yes” under the question “Would you like to be included our pre-health e-newsletter?”