Tuition & Financial Aid
Studying abroad in Rome is an investment with dividends that last a lifetime.
And with our flexible payment plan, scholarships, and discounts, a semester, year, or summer at the JFRC is more affordable than you might think.
JFRC 2022-2023 Semester costs for most Loyola University Chicago students:
- Tuition (12-18 credits) - $24,050
- Nursing - $24,585
- Room and board - $6,930
- Study abroad OIP administrative fee - $100
- Student Activity Fee - $300
- Technology Fee - $125
- Permesso di soggiorno fee (only for students studying for the full academic year) - $180
- CISI (international student health insurance) - $300
Semester costs for Visiting Students may vary significantly from those above. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Summer Session Costs
- Students can choose the five-week session, a four-week fusion experience, or do both (since the fusion experiences begin right after summer Session I).
- Day trips are included in the five-week session; the four-week experiences are traveling or on-site for more than half of the time.
Tuition for JFRC Summer Classes: $855 per credit hour
|Five-Week Session I (includes tuition): May 19 - June 23||$7,600|
|Four-Week Sicily Fusion Experience (includes tuition): May 19 - June 23||$9,300|
|Four-Week Abruzzo Fusion Experience (includes tuition): May 19 - June 23||$9,300|
The OIP Administrative Fee applies to LUC students, the same as it does for academic semester applications. The CISI Study abroad insurance ($300) also applies, as students must be covered by official institutional study abroad insurance for the duration of their study abroad program, per the Loyola travel policy.
Tuition Due Dates
|Term||e-Bill Generated||Tuition Due Date|
|Fall||July 15||August 5|
|Spring||December 15||January 5|
|Summer||April 15||May 5|
To review a summary of your account activity online, please refer to your LOCUS Account Summary at www.luc.edu/locus.
- Tuition and fees at the JFRC are comparable to a semester in Chicago.
- All federal, state, and Loyola aid will apply (federal work-study does not).
- For more information please visit the Bursar's website.
- Consult your home institution's study abroad advisor to confirm costs for attending the JFRC and what aid may apply.