- M.A. in English Literature from Indiana University, Bloomington
- B.A. in English Literature from Loyola University Chicago
Rydel joined the Loyola University faculty in 1979. A past recipient of Loyola University Chicago’s Excellence in Adult Learning Award Faculty Award, Rydel’s English and literature courses at SCPS include topics such as Shakespeare, African American literature, and human values in literature.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Dean, Curricular Affairs, Hadley School for the Blind, Winnetka, IL
- American Society for Training and Development (ASTD)
- American Academy of Poets
In 2022, Atmosphere Press published Rydel's first collection of poetry, Almost a Memoir. As part of the book launch, Rydel recited poetry in a variety of venues in Chicago, New York, and Paris.