The Winthrop Ave Play Lot is located to the south of the Simpson Multi-Purpose Room located on Winthrop Avenue. The lot is a grass field that is available for reservation request via 25Live. The space features 2 portable volleyball courts and equipment can be checked out from the Halas Recreation Center Reception Desk. For more information about the reservation and use of the play lot or to check on availability, please contact Nathan Clark or call 773-508-2617.
Rules and Regulations for Winthrop Ave. Play Lot
- Reservations for use of the play lot are required. Reservations are considered and approved by the Department of Student Complex. To reserve the play lot, please contact Nathan Clark, 773-508-2617 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once a reservation is approved, the key to the play lot can be checked out at the Damen Student Center Information Desk. LUC ID is required at time of check out.
- The play lot has 2 volleyball courts. The equipment can be checked out at the Damen Student Center Information Desk. LUC ID is required at time of check out.
- The following are not allowed on the Winthrop Ave Play Lot:
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Fireworks and Smoke Bombs
- Bicycles, rollerblades, or skateboards
- BBQ grills (unless otherwise permitted)
- Golf practice
- Baseball/Softball practice
- Athletic footwear is recommended for sporting events
- During inclement weather, the play lot may be closed and events may need to be rescheduled or cancelled
- Hours of Operation: 8AM-Dusk (Daily)