The Winthrop Ave Play Lot is located to the south of the Simpson Living Learning Center located on Winthrop Avenue. The lot is a grass field that is available for reservation request via 25Live for Internal Groups or through Conference Services for external groups. The space features 2 portable volleyball courts and equipment can be rented from the Halas Recreation Center Reception Desk. For more information about the reservation and use of the playlot or to check on availability, please contact email@example.com or 773.508.8090.
Capacity- 200 guests, 13,500 sq. ft.
*Power would need to be ran from existing buildings. No power, water, or lights on site.
Rules and Regulations for Winthrop Playlot
- Reservations for use of the play lot are required. Reservations are considered and approved by the Department of Student Complex.
- Once a reservation is approved, the key to the play lot can be checked out at the Damen Student Center Information Desk. LUC ID is required at time of check out.
- The playlot has 2 volleyball courts. The equipment can be checked out at the Damen Student Center Information Desk. LUC ID is required at time of check out.
- The following are not allowed on the Winthrop Ave Play Lot:
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Fireworks and Smoke Bombs
- Bicycles, rollerblades, or skateboards
- BBQ grills (unless otherwise permitted)
- Golf practice
- Baseball/Softball practice
- Athletic footwear is recommended for sporting events
- During inclement weather, the play lot may be closed and events may need to be rescheduled or cancelled
- Hours of Operation: 8AM-Dusk (Daily)