Sean Earl Field
Sean Earl Field
*Starting Monday, May 14, 2018 until August 1, 2019, Sean Earl Field will be OFF-LINE due to the construction of the Alfie and Al Norville Practice Facility. Once Sean Earl re-opens, it will be about 50 feet shorter in length than it previously was. Additionally, the West Quad will also be coming off-line in mid-late May 2018 until the start of the Fall 2018 semester in order to make that space more playable for our Intramural and Club Sport programs.
Field Turf Championship Field features a mini soccer field, three lane track, as well as a mini flag football field. This is also an open green space, which can be used by the university community to engage in activities, including but not limited to wiffleball, soccer, kickball or ultimate frisbee. When the space is not being reserved for a university function, it is open to the neighbors who own residence adjacent to the field.
One mile is 5-1/3 laps around the field.
Rules and Regulations for Sean Earl Field and Track
- Reservations for exclusive use may be made on occasion. Reservations for the field and/or track are considered and approved by the Department of Student Complex. To request exclusive use of the field email Nathan Clark or call 773-508-2617
- Athletic footwear is recommended. Plastic/molded rubber cleats ARE allowed; metal cleats and/or spikes are NOT allowed
- The following are not allowed on the Sean Earl Field and Track:
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Tobacco products
- Cans and glass bottles
- Food and Gum
- Golf Practice
- Smoke Bombs and Fireworks
- Bicycles, rollerblades, or skateboards
- Tents, stakes, bleachers, tables/chairs
- Track and Field Hours: 6AM* – 10PM
*Participants using the field at 6am must keep noise levels to a minimum. Complaints from neighbors or university officials may restrict field usage in the early morning hours. Offenders will be asked to leave the area by Campus Safety