The college application process at Loyola University Chicago is simple and straightforward. If you have questions about the steps to apply as a freshman, please contact us at 800.262.2373 or admission@LUC.edu. We are excited to help you through this college application process.
1. Check our deadlines. Our priority deadline for admission is December 1.
2. Submit your application. The application is your chance to tell us more about yourself and your extracurricular activities. You may complete either the co-curricular activities section of your chosen application or by sumbitting a resume after you've completed the application. You can fill out the application for Loyola in the following ways:
- Using our free online application- This application is Loyola specific and recommended for students who are not applying to other schools, or cannot access other systems.
- Using the Common App- Recommended for students who are who are applying to several Common App schools.
There is no preference or advantage gained by using any particular application type.
3. Ask your high school to send us your official transcript. All freshman applicants are required to submit an official transcript from their secondary school. We are able to receive documents through all major electronic transcript delivery systems, and this will be the fastest method to send your records. Transcripts may be sent electronically by school officials via firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event you must send paper records, please have your transcripts sent directly to:
Loyola University Chicago
Undergraduate Admission Office
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Sullivan Center, Room 150
Chicago, IL 60660
If you were homeschooled at any point during high school please complete this form in addition to sending any traditional transcript you may have.
4. Test scores. Loyola has a test optional admission policy. Students may still choose to submit SAT and/or ACT scores as part of their application for admission. Students who do not submit scores will not be penalized, and may still qualify for merit scholarships. Loyola does superscore results, meaning the admission office is reviewing the highest subscore from each section of the exams. If a student does choose to submit scores, we recommend sharing all test results.
Loyola’s code for the SAT is 1412, and our ACT code is 1064.
5. Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor. You may send an e-mail request from our online application, or you can download a Counselor Recommendation Form.
6. If applicable, submit official information about transfer credit or AP/IB credit to Loyola electronically. This is not required at the review of your application. Once admitted, incoming freshman should submit this information during the summer prior to starting at Loyola. Learn more about Loyola's transfer credit policy.
7. Upon admission, make your enrollment deposit by May 1 to reserve a place in the class.
My involvement in a Latina sorority has shaped me tremendously to become a better leader and student.
School of Social Work