The college application process at Loyola University Chicago is simple and straightforward. If you have questions about the steps to apply as a freshman, please contact us at 800.262.2373 or admission@LUC.edu. We are excited to help you through this college application process.
1. Check our deadlines. Our priority deadline for admission is December 1.
2. Submit your application. The application is your chance to tell us more about your chance to tell us more about yourself and your extracurricular activities. You may complete either the co-curricular activities section or by sumbitting a resume after you've completed the application. You can fill out the application for Loyola two separate ways:
- Using our free online application- This application is Loyola specific and recommended for students who are not applying to other schools via the Common App.
- Using the Common App- Recommended for students who are who are applying to several Common App schools.
3. Ask your high school to send us your official transcript. All freshman applicants are required to submit an official transcript from their secondary school. Transcripts may be sent electronically by the school via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your transcripts sent directly to:
Loyola University Chicago
Undergraduate Admission Office
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Sullivan Center, Room 150
Chicago, IL 60660
If you were homeschooled at any point during high school please complete this form in addition to sending any traditional transcript you may have.
4. Test scores. Beginning for the 2021 application cycle, Loyola will be test optional*. We understand the disruption in test taking given the pandemic and we want to remain accessible to our students. Loyola has always taken a holistic admission review of each applicant and will continue to do so moving forward as a test optional institution. We encourage all applicants to submit their activities and personal statement as part of their application. Students may still choose to submit ACT and/or SAT scores as part of their application for admission. Students who do not submit scores will not be penalized. Loyola does superscore results, meaning the admission office is reviewing the highest subscore from each section of the exams. If a student does choose to submit scores, we recommend sharing all test results.
Loyola’s code for the SAT is 1412, and our ACT code is 1064.
*Please note that students applying for admission to the Bachelor of Nursing and Engineering Science programs will still be required to submit a self-reported test score as part of the requirement for review. For those that cannot submit a score for these programs, the admission office may still consider a holistic review of the application.
5. Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor. You may send an e-mail request from our online application, or you can download a Counselor Recommendation Form.
6. If applicable, submit official information about transfer credit or AP/IB credit to Loyola electronically. This is not required at the review of your application. Once admitted, incoming freshman should submit this information during the summer prior to starting at Loyola. Learn more about Loyola's transfer credit policy.
7. Upon admission, make your enrollment deposit by May 1 to reserve a place in the class.
I made many lifelong friends from completely different backgrounds. The community we formed was an unforgettable part of my experience.
Devan D. Patel
Quinlan School of Business
My involvement in a Latina sorority has shaped me tremendously to become a better leader and student.
School of Social Work