Ready to apply? This is a good place to start
The college application process at Loyola University Chicago is simple and straightforward. If you have questions about the steps to apply as a freshman, please contact us at 800.262.2373 or admission@LUC.edu. We are excited to help you through this college application process.
1. Check our deadlines. Our priority deadline for admission is December 1.
2. Submit your online application. As part of the online application, you will have a chance to tell us more about your extracurricular activities by filling out the co-curricular section or by uploading a resume to your file after you submit the application.
3. Ask your high school to send us your official transcript. All freshman applicants are required to submit an official transcript from their secondary school. Please have your transcripts sent directly to:
Loyola University Chicago
Undergraduate Admission Office
1032 W. Sheridan Road
Sullivan Center, Room 150
Chicago, IL 60660
If you were homeschooled at any point during high school please complete this form in addition to sending any traditional transcript you may have.
4. Report your ACT or SAT scores to us. First-year applicants will satisfy Loyola’s standardized testing requirement by self-reporting all ACT and/or SAT scores on the application. Applicants who are offered admission and choose to matriculate at Loyola will be required to provide official results prior to enrolling. Loyola does superscore meaning during the review process, the admission office is reviewing the highest section from all SAT tests and/or the highest sections from all ACT tests.
Loyola’s code for the SAT is 1412, and our ACT code is 1064.
5. Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor. You may send an e-mail request from our online application, or you can download a Counselor Recommendation Form.
6. If applicable, submit official information about transfer credit or AP/IB credit to Loyola electronically. This is not required at the review of your application. Once admitted, incoming freshman should submit this information during the summer prior to starting at Loyola. Learn more about Loyola's transfer credit policy.
7. Upon admission, make your enrollment deposit by May 1 to reserve a place in the class.
Loyola gave me the opportunity to study business and gain an internship in a major metropolitan area.
Quinan School of Business
My involvement in a Latina sorority has shaped me tremendously to become a better leader and student.
School of Social Work