Scholars and Honors
The Challenge is what it's all about
At Loyola, you’ll join a community of honors students eager to embrace this opportunity.
Your quest for academic excellence extends beyond the classroom. You’ll share a residence hall dedicated to you and your fellow honors students. This learning environment encourages sharing knowledge, experiences, and support. Here, the world is at your doorstep. You have the chance to study abroad or fund your own dream research projects through dedicated grants, such as the Ricci, Gannon, and McNair scholarships.
The Interdisciplinary Honors Program will give you an advantage in future graduate studies and give you the chance to explore diverse subjects and cultivate new interests. It also prepares you to give back to your community, promote global justice, and make a tangible difference in the lives of others. Students and alums have also found:
- A marked improvement in writing and critical thinking skills
- Courses stress interdisciplinary approaches and study
- A way to becoming a well-rounded, culturally literate individual
- Small class sizes that encourage relationships between students and faculty
- A vibrant community of students with a wide variety of academic interests
- Priority registration status
In addition, the Quinlan School of Business has its own program. The Business Honors Program offers a transformational experience designed for highly qualified and motivated Quinlan students. It's an opportunity to deepen their mastery of business and learn from each other in a stimulating environment.
Loyola gave me the opportunity to study business and gain an internship in a major metropolitan area.
Quinan School of Business