DEI Leadership Institute
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Institute equips executives with the values, knowledge, and tools to design and implement enterprise-wide DEI strategies. This first-of-its-kind Institute engages cross-functional leaders to explore how DEI can enhance each business function—from human resources to supply chain to executive governance—and can add both social and financial value. Cohort members will graduate with a certificate in DEI leadership and participating companies will be recognized for their commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion.
Leveraging Loyola’s leadership in diversity, equity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility, business ethics, human resources, supply chain, and executive leadership, the DEI Leadership Institute offers:
- Four Learning Sessions
Cohort members will cover topics including understanding systemic inequity and the role of companies in advancing equity and inclusion for society, DEI as a business imperative, unconscious bias and inclusive leadership, supplier diversity, attracting and retaining diverse talent, building inclusive cultures, and change management
- Four Individualized Coaching Sessions
Cohort members will work with a strategy coach to unpack their own understanding of equity and how to harness their own leadership to advance DEI. Cohort members will also work with their coach to develop and deepen a tailored approach to their company/organization’s DEI strategy.
Applications will be accepted through July 24, 2020
The DEI Leadership Institute is a first of its kind cohort-based certificate program for executives from mid- to large size companies and large scale nonprofits that seeks to provide executives with the tools to develop a DEI strategy that is uniquely aligned with the business strategy and bottom line. The DEI Leadership Institute is also designed to actively involve key inclusion stakeholders, from across functional areas. Cohort members are encouraged to invite up to three leaders from their companies to participate in executive education sessions and strategy workshops. Participants will benefit from teaching, learning, and strategic counsel in the following areas:
- Business and Society
- Understanding the systemic inequity we face as a society
- Understanding the role of companies in advancing equity and inclusion
- Unconscious bias and inclusive leadership
- Change management
- Business Strategy
- Developing a deeper understanding of DEI as a business imperative
- Aligning DEI strategy with enterprise strategy
- Building DEI strategies that actively involve inclusion stakeholders across functions
- Leveraging Diverse Talent
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent
- Supplier diversity
- Developing diverse leadership pipelines
- Building inclusive cultures
The DEI Leadership Institute will meet every other month from September 2020 to April 2021, with a celebratory dinner taking place in May 2021. Each learning session will have a specific learning objective and will be structured to promote a high level of open peer exchange and feature facilitated strategy workshops. Alongside these monthly meetings, cohort members will participate in four individualized coaching sessions and will be invited to attend the Baumhart Center’s fall Leading for Good leadership breakfast.
Throughout the Institute, cohort members are encouraged to invite up to three leaders within their companies to participate in the four learning sessions.
The DEI Leadership Institute will have its executive education and strategy workshops on the following dates.
This course is scheduled to be delivered in-person. Class size and classroom layout will adhere to social distancing guidelines. In the event the class cannot meet in-person, the course will be delivered online.
- Thursday, September 17, 2020
- Thursday, November 12, 2020
- Thursday, January 14, 2021
- Thursday, March 11, 2021
- May Celebratory Dinner (TBD)
Global Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy for Staffing
CMC Enterprises, LLC
Executive VP and Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Northwestern Mutual - Chicago
Vice President, Corporate and External Affairs
Partner-in-Charge, Chicago Office
Heidrick & Struggles
We are seeking the foremost leaders for inclusion to join the inaugural cohort of the DEI Leadership Institute as founding members and to be our partners in moving the needle for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging our workplaces.
We seek professionals who:
- Have proven experience in engaging teams to solve complex problems
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of their company’s current diversity and inclusion strategy and can clearly identify areas of opportunity to move the needle
- Have the power to engage inclusion stakeholders and executive leadership in cohort learning sessions
- Are passionate about and committed to moving the needle for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging across sectors and industries
The DEI Leadership Institute costs $5,000 for the year.
The cost includes:
- Four full-day learning sessions
- Four individualized coaching sessions
- All food and drink
- All materials
Note: The Baumhart Center may offer partial or full cost assistance in rare cases where a candidate's participation ensures a more diverse, inclusive, and successful program for all participants.
July 24, 2020
Applications are due by 5 p.m.
August 10, 2020
Applicants are notified whether they have been admitted to the inaugural class of the DEI Leadership Institute.
September 17, 2020
The first session takes place, launching the inaugural class of the DEI Leadership Institute.