The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Institute equips executives with the values, knowledge, and tools to design and implement enterprise-wide DEI strategies.
This first-of-its-kind Institute engages cross-functional leaders to explore how DEI can enhance each business function—from human resources to supply chain to executive governance—and add both social and financial value.
New Tools for Driving Impact
Leveraging Loyola’s leadership in DEI, governance, human resources, responsible business, and supply chain management, the DEI Leadership Institute offers:
- Immersive learning: Cohort members participate in four daylong sessions that cover topics including understanding systemic inequity, the role of companies in advancing equity and inclusion for society, DEI as a business imperative, unconscious bias, supplier diversity, attracting and retaining diverse talent, building inclusive cultures, and change management.
- Individualized coaching: Cohort members work with a strategy coach to unpack their own understanding of equity and how to harness their own leadership to advance DEI. Cohort members also work with their coach to develop and deepen a tailored approach to their company/organization’s DEI strategy.
- Peer networking: Cohort members have the opportunity to build community throughout the Institute experience, sharing best practices, strategic efforts and challenges, and additional resources.
- A nationally recognized certificate: Cohort members graduate with a certificate in DEI leadership from Loyola University Chicago’s Quinlan School of Business.
Structured for Continuous Learning
The DEI Leadership Institute provides executives from companies and large nonprofits with the tools to develop a DEI strategy that is uniquely aligned with the business strategy and bottom line.
Business and Society
- Understanding the systemic inequity we face as a society
- Understanding the role of companies in advancing equity and inclusion
- Unconscious bias and inclusive leadership
- Change management
- Developing a deeper understanding of DEI as a business imperative
- Aligning DEI strategy with enterprise strategy
- Building DEI strategies that actively involve stakeholders across functions
Leveraging Diverse Talent
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent
- Supplier diversity
- Developing diverse leadership pipelines
- Building inclusive cultures
The Institute will meet every other month from September 2021 to April 2022, with a celebratory dinner taking place in May 2022. Each learning session will have a specific learning objective and will be structured to promote a high level of open peer exchange and feature facilitated strategy workshops. Alongside these monthly meetings, cohort members will participate in four individualized coaching sessions and will be invited to attend the Baumhart Center’s fall Leading for Good leadership breakfast.
Throughout the Institute, cohort members are encouraged to invite up to three leaders within their companies to participate in the four learning sessions.
Head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CEO and Co-Founder
Senior Partner and Digital Solutions Lead
CMC Enterprises, LLC
President and CEO
The Chicago Community Trust
CEO and Founder
Executive VP and Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
Northwestern Mutual - Chicago
Chief Innovation Officer
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
Vice President, Corporate and External Affairs
Partner-in-Charge, Chicago Office
Heidrick & Struggles
President and CEO
Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council
Join the DEI Leadership Institute
Applications for the 2021 DEI Leadership Institute will open in May 2021.
We are seeking the foremost leaders for inclusion to join the DEI Leadership Institute and to be our partners in moving the needle for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging our workplaces.
We seek professionals who:
- Have proven experience in engaging teams to solve complex problems
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of their company’s current diversity and inclusion strategy and can clearly identify areas of opportunity to move the needle
- Have the power to engage inclusion stakeholders and executive leadership in cohort learning sessions
- Are passionate about and committed to moving the needle for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging across sectors and industries
The DEI Leadership Institute costs $5,000 for the year.
The cost includes:
- Four full-day learning sessions
- Four individualized coaching sessions
- All food and drink
- All materials
Note: The Baumhart Center may offer partial or full cost assistance in rare cases where a candidate's participation ensures a more diverse, inclusive, and successful program for all participants.
July 23, 2021
Applications for the 2021 cohort are due by 5 p.m.
August 12, 2021
Applicants are notified whether they have been admitted to the inaugural class of the DEI Leadership Institute.
September 16, 2021
The first session takes place, launching the inaugural class of the DEI Leadership Institute.