THE INNOVATOR IN SOCIAL BUSINESS AWARDS is a nationally significant award series sponsored by the Baumhart Center at Loyola University Chicago that recognizes companies who are at the forefront of social innovation in business. The awards celebrate companies across three categories of innovation: Purpose and Profit, Environmental Stewardship, and Social Impact. A ceremony is held during the Baumhart Center’s annual Leading for Good conference which convenes business leaders to provide the needed skills, knowledge, and networks to accelerate social value creation in their respective companies.
The Parkinson Award for Purpose & Profit, named after Bob L. Parkinson, Jr., is given annually to the initiative that best embodies a holistic approach to marrying purpose and profit.
The Social Impact Award is given annually to the company that best addresses an urgent social issue through its business model.
The Environmental Stewardship Award is given annually to the company that best embodies business leadership for a sustainable world.
- Purpose and Profit: Bain Capital Double Impact
- Environmental Stewardship: Indigo Ag
- Social Impact: Chobani
- Learn more about the 2020 winners
- Purpose and Profit: sweetgreen
- Environmental Stewardship: Honeywell
- Social Impact: Cleveland Avenue and the Cleveland Avenue Foundation for Education
- Learn more about the 2021 winners
- Purpose and Profit: Patagonia
- Environmental Stewardship: Rheaply
- Social Impact: Impact Shares
- Learn more about the 2022 winners