Fundraising for Good seeks to accelerate the impact of financial development leaders by providing deep and ongoing support through peer learning and individualized coaching.
Fundraising for Good offers advancement leaders:
- Monthly best-practice and peer learning sessions, supported by an expert facilitator
- Semi-annual one-on-one coaching sessions around professional and personal goals
- Special access to Baumhart Center gatherings aimed at equipping leaders with skills, knowledge, and networks for social impact
Download a brochure for a closer look at our 2022 program.
Fundraising for Good seeks to help fundraising executives navigate competing priorities to ensure that financial goals are met and their organizations thrive. Participants will benefit from teaching, peer learning, and strategic counsel in the following areas:
- Growing and diversifying your base and strengthening your major gifts programs
- Engaging your board and volunteers in fundraising
- Creating an internal culture of philanthropy
- Managing up to your CEO to maximize fundraising effectiveness
- Attracting and retaining strong development staff
Director and Lead Facilitator
Shannon offers sage strategic counsel in resource development and non-profit management, including annual and major giving, development assessments, feasibility studies, campaign counsel, donor communications, board development and training and strategic planning. Current and recent clients of her practice include Chicago Foundation for Women, Field Museum, Hyde Park Art Center, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital, METROsquash, Museum of Contemporary Art, Pass With Flying Colors, United Way of Metropolitan Chicago, and Youth & Opportunity United.
Fundraising for Good will be a community of dedicated fundraisers who are committed to their own growth, as well as the growth of their peers.
We seek professionals who:
- Spend a minimum of 60% of their time managing a team of fundraising professionals.*
- Have clear professional and personal development goals.
- Are passionate about the power of philanthropy and committed to helping peers become better fundraisers and nonprofit executives.
*A limited number of participants may be aspiring managers who currently hold senior level fundraising positions.
Since the Baumhart Center’s Leadership Networks are structured to promote the highest level of learning, information sharing, and confidentiality, we seek leaders who come from a wide array of nonprofit settings, including arts and culture, civic affairs, education, the environment, emergency relief, healthcare, human services, policy advocacy, social justice, and youth development. We do our best to select candidates from varied nonprofit disciplines and geographies to ensure there are not competitive tensions among participants.
Fundraising for Good costs $2,500 for the year. As a way to encourage AFP Chicago membership among participants, the Baumhart Center is delighted to offer a 10% discount on this tuition to AFP Chicago members.
This cost includes:
- Ten monthly learning sessions
- Two individualized coaching sessions with Shannon Alexander
- All food and drink
- All materials
Note: The Baumhart Center may offer partial or full cost assistance in rare cases where a candidate's participation ensures a more diverse, inclusive, and successful program for all participants.
For questions about Fundraising for Good, please email Madeline Stanton at email@example.com and include the words “Fundraising for Good” in the subject line.
Partnership makes it possible
The Baumhart Center is delighted to be partnering with AFP Chicago in the development and delivery of Fundraising for Good. We look forward to how this collaboration will allow us to connect our learning experiences in Fundraising for Good back to Chicago’s professional fundraising community.