The Purposeful Careers Initiative (PCI) seeks to equip highly accomplished professionals with the tools and support to reflect on their life journeys, examine pathways for greater purpose, and build a network of support for meaningful career exploration.
Global trends show individuals are pursuing longer careers and deferring retirement. This has led to senior leaders seeking career support and new resources to help them navigate their journeys and find new meaning in their personal and professional lives.
PCI offers leaders:
- Monthly learning sessions with accomplished and purpose-driven peers, supported by an expert facilitator
- Two one-on-one coaching sessions
- Assigned readings and reflection activities to help build upon your learning sessions and coaching
PCI seeks equip highly accomplished professionals with the tools and support to reflect on personal and professional life journeys, examine potential new pathways for creating purpose-driven careers, and build a network for support that is committed to meaningful career exploration. Participants will benefit from teaching, peer learning, and strategic counsel in the following areas:
- Understanding the power of leading with purpose
- Unpacking strengths, talents, and passions to develop purpose statements
- Designing a strategy to activate individual purpose
- Developing an implementation and action plan to put purpose into practice
The PCI cohort will meet monthly from January 2021 to June 2021. Each meeting will have a learning objective and will be structured to promote a high level of open peer exchange. Alongside these monthly meetings, members will participate in two individualized coaching sessions.
PCI will kick-off with a half day retreat on Saturday, January 9 from 9 to 1 p.m. From February through June 2021, the group will meet on the second Tuesday morning of each month from 8 to 10 a.m. The program will conclude with a celebratory dinner.
If any gatherings take place in-person, class size and classroom layout will adhere to social distancing guidelines. In the event the cohort cannot meet in-person, the program will be delivered online.
Executive Career Strategist
Design Your Professional Joy
We seek professionals who:
- Want to amplify their leadership to create more meaningful impact professionally
- Have at least 15 years of work experience and are reaching a pivotal moment of reflection
- Have a willingness to openly share their experiences and insights for the benefit of the cohort
PCI costs $2500 for the year.
This cost includes:
- Six monthly learning sessions
- Two individualized coaching sessions with Nicole Johnson-Scales
- All food and drink
- All materials
Note: The Baumhart Center may offer partial or full cost assistance in rare cases where a candidate's participation ensures a more diverse, inclusive, and successful program for all participants.
September 10, 2020
Application process opens.
October 26, 2020
Applications are due by 5 p.m.
November 6, 2020
Applicants are notified whether they have been admitted to PCI.
January 9, 2021
Kick-off retreat launches the inaugural class of the PCI.
For questions about PCI please email email@example.com and include “PCI” in the subject line.