FrogTutoring is an educational technology platform that facilitate 1-on-1 private tutoring offering the full range of academic courses and test prep. Our company has been featured on CNN and other media outlets.
We’re looking to hire some of your students to work not just as tutors but also as mentors to students in the community. We have found that when students (K - 12 & College) are tutored by college students, then they will be more receptive and enthusiastic about the subject. I think this will be a great opportunity for your students to encourage and engage local youths, and enhance their resume while making $$$$$$.
Great pay- Minimum of $30 per session, tutor chooses which grade level and subjects to tutor, as well as having the opportunity to create their own schedule, get driving compensation, periodic bonus and referral bonus.
How to apply:
After School Matters
After School Matters is a non-profit organization that provides Chicago high school teens with opportunities to discover their potentials and foster and develop skills through quality programming in content areas like sports, arts, STEM, and communications and leadership. We are currently seeking new Employee Instructors interested in offering after-school and summer programs during the Summer 2019, Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 program sessions. These program providers will mentor and share their expertise with Chicago high school teens by delivering a wide range of program opportunities across the city in these content areas. To recruit a wide range of applicants for these positions, we ask you to please direct interested students and staff to our job postings at this link: https://afterschoolmatters.applytojob.com/. Additional information about the program provider process and After School Mattersâ€™ model can be obtained here: afterschoolmatters.org/program-providers. Our instructors make a huge impact in the lives of our teens, and we hope your students will consider these positions and the ways they themselves can make a difference in the lives of Chicago's youth.
Program Quality and Compliance Intern
After School Matters
66 E. Randolph, Chicago, IL 60601
POSITION SUMMARY (GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES):
Under the supervision of the NSMAD Vector Biologist, supports District mosquito-based surveillance activities to monitor mosquito abundance and activity patterns and to develop indicators of West Nile Virus activity in vector mosquitoes.Â Collects mosquitoes from regular trap sites, identifies mosquitoes to species, prepares specimens for testing, conducts RAMP and PCR-based tests for WNV detection, and performs data entry tasks. Other responsibilities include collection of mosquito eggs from field sites, rearing of mosquitoes, daily maintenance of mosquito insectary and resistance assays using the CDC bottle bioassay. Participates in special surveillance projects as needed including tick surveillance and other seasonal research projects.
- Full Time, Seasonal, up to 1,000 hours in a calendar year
- Conduct field work that may entail extensive walking in hot or rainy conditions.
- Identify adult mosquito specimens to species.
- Maintain proper BSL-2 laboratory practices when appropriate for the work being conducted.
- Collect mosquito-focused field data utilizing handheld tablet computer and GIS-based software applications; maintain hand-written and electronic data records.
- Conduct inspections of known mosquito breeding sites.
- Handle pesticides in a laboratory setting for mosquito resistance monitoring.
Employee must be able to fulfill the following essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Vector Biologist.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Illinois driverâ€™s license with no moving violations within the past ye
- Able to pass an NSMAD-specified defensive driving cours
- Able to pass NSMAD-specified laboratory safety course.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- $15 per hour.
- Send current resume to Justin Harbison, PhD. firstname.lastname@example.org