Director of Neighborhood Initiatives for Health Science Campus
Summur Roberts is a 20 plus year higher education professional with 15 years of public and civic engagement strategic planning and leadership experience. As the Director of Neighborhood Initiatives for Health Science Campus (and previously for Lakeshore/Water Tower), she:
- Serves on university strategic planning committees and informs direction for policy, program, communication and partnership.
- Works collaboratively to develop community-based planning initiatives in the Maywood and surrounding West Suburban communities.
- Engages in strategic relationship building to support university and community partnerships.
- Directs community planning activities strategies and collects, analyzes and reports data about Loyola’s collective community engagement work annually via the Loyola Anchors: Civic Impact Report.
- Manages and responds to requests for donations, sponsorships and local event participation.
- Supports student, staff and faculty service days including Maywood Village Pride Village Wide (April), Ignatian Day of Service (July), Health Science Campus Day of Service (September).
Her leadership on local nonprofit boards as president, vice president and treasurer spans two decades within small and mid-sized community-based organizations that anchor communities. She has worked to implement policy, restructure organizational activities for efficiency, implemente diversity and equity programs and manage over $4 million in organizational assets collectively.
Health Science Campus
2160 S First Avenue Building 120, 2nd Floor Maywood, IL 60153
Sherry Hall 6330 N Sheridan Road, Suite 309 Chicago, IL 60660