EdD in Administration and Supervision – Principal Preparation

Application Deadline and Contacts

Start TermPriority DeadlineGeneral Deadline
February 1st
April 15th
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis

Admission Requirements


Applicants must have a master’s degree and hold an Illinois PEL to pursue the EdD in School Leadership with principal endorsement.

  • A Completed Application Form 
    You may submit your application form online
  • Official Transcripts
    Applicants must submit official transcripts for all undergraduate and any graduate work. To be eligible for admission, your transcript must show an earned bachelor's degree or a bachelor’s degree in progress. Certified copies of transcripts are acceptable; faxed copies of transcripts are not considered official. If you attended Loyola University Chicago previously, you do not need to request transcripts; we have them on record. Transcripts must show a GPA of at least a 3.0. 

    In exceptional cases, applicants whose undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 may be admitted. Each program area gives meaningful consideration to the applicant's graduate GPA, recommendations, professional experience and reasons for pursuing a graduate program, as well as to the diversity of the student body.
  • One Letter of Recommendation
    If you supply your recommender's email address as part of your completed online application form, then your recommendation letters will be submitted directly through the online application system. 

    We ask that you submit only one letter, no more, no less. One letter should be from your current principal or supervisor.
  • A Personal Statement
    Your statement should be 1-3 pages, and you should describe your:
    1. Academic and research interests, as well as your professional goals;
    2. Life experiences that have influenced your view of social justice;
    3. Any research and professional experiences.
    4. Include how you have demonstrated transformational leadership throughout your P-12 experience
  • Illinois Teaching License 
    Proof of teaching or work experience must be submitted. A letter from the Ministry of Education or a local agency may be used for confirmation of work experience. At least two years of teaching or work experience relevant to your professional goals in a school or community organization or agency must be documented and submitted.
  • Resume
    A current resume that highlights at least two years of work experience relevant to your professional goals and indicates a current teaching position.
  • International Students
    Additional requirements for International applicants including English Language and Transcript & Credentials can be found on our International Students page