How can you impact our schools and our students?
Perhaps your gift is an ability to connect with kids in the classroom. Or you're a leader looking for ways to make broader impact within your school, district, or organization. Or maybe your dreams are even bigger and you want to influence change and advance equality in the educational field.
Our degree, certificate and licensure programs are designed to help you achieve your goals. Regardless of which area of study you choose to pursue, you'll stand apart as a Loyola graduate with the broad perspective you've gained through our rigorous curriculum and robust field experiences.
Whether you're an undergraduate just beginning to explore the many opportunities in education or a mid-career professional looking to expand your career and influence, our graduates are highly sought after in Illinois and throughout the U.S. Your options, listed by field of study, include:
Teaching, Learning and Leading with Schools and Community - Undergraduate
Early Childhood Education
- Blended BSEd Early Childhood Special Education (Birth to Gr. 2)
Elementary Education (Gr. 1-6)
Secondary Education (Gr. 9-12)
- BSEd Secondary Education
- Five-Year BS/MEd Biology and Secondary Education
- Five-Year BS/MEd Chemistry and Secondary Education
- Five-Year BS/MEd Math and Secondary Education
- Five-Year BS/MEd Physics and Secondary Education
Teaching and Learning - Graduate
- MA Community Counseling - Research intensive program
- MEd Community Counseling - leads to LCPC in IL and other 48-hour states
- MEd School Counseling - leads to License in School Counseling
- MEd School and Community Counseling - School Counseling License and LCPC in 48-hour states
- PhD Counseling Psychology
- EdS Clinical Mental Health Counseling - leads to LCPC in 60-hour states
- Education Policy Studies Minor
- MA in Cultural & Educational Policy Studies
- JD/MA in Law and Comparative Education - dual degree, requires admission to School of Law
- JD/MEd in Law and Education Policy - dual degree, requires admission to School of Law
- MEd Cultural & Educational Policy Studies
- PhD Cultural & Educational Policy Studies
- MEd Administration and Supervision for School Leaders - three options/tracks available
- MEd Catholic Principal Preparation Program
- MEd Catholic School Leadership - blended program, no licensure
- EdD Administration and Supervision
- EdD Administration and Supervision - Principal Preparation
- Director of Special Education Endorsement - Collaboration between Special Education and School Psychology
- ISBE Principal Endorsement
- Superintendant Endorsement
Certificates and Endorsements
The School of Education offers both Certificate and Endorsement programs which can complement your overall education and provide you with enhanced credentials which will assist you in taking the ever changing field of education head on.
Students who wish to sample classes before applying to an SOE graduate degree program, transfer credit to another institution, or obtain professional or personal enrichment cxan refer to the School of Education's graduate-level non-degree-seeking program.