Below is a list of software applications available to students at Loyola University Chicago. Some are on the Loyola Computer Network and are accessible at any Loyola computer center. Others are available only in the LLRC, Crown Center 208, Lake Shore Campus.
- Mango - The LLRC is offering the Mango language learning software by request to students enrolled in Loyola language courses 101 through 104! To obtain a Mango license, visit the LLRC in Crown Center 208 and speak with one of our staff. To learn more about Mango read the Student Staff Mango Review (PDF). Spring 2017
- Microsoft Word for Mac - LLRC, Macintosh. Word processor that provides spelling, grammar check, and visual keyboard. It functions for the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish. These features can be accessed via the pull-down menu near the upper right-hand corner of the screen (labeled with a flag icon).
- Microsoft Word XP - On the LUC Network under Loyola Software, Common Desktop Applications. Word processor that allows typing and checking spelling in a variety of foreign languages. Computers in the LLRC are set up to type in any of the languages taught by the Modern Languages and Literatures Department. You can select a language from the Language Bar, found near the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
- On-Screen Keyboard - On any PC. From the Start Menu, go to Programs, Accessories, Accessibility and select On-Screen Keyboard. Virtual keyboard that displays the key layout for any given language and allows inputting specific characters using the mouse.
- World Languages (101 Languages of the World) - LLRC, CD-ROM, Macintosh only. Beginning level lessons for dozens of languages, including all languages taught by the department and many others, such as Portugese, Swahili, and Tagolog. Ideal for those with travel plans!
- Yabla - The LLRC is offering Yabla language learning software by request to students enrolled in Loyola language courses 103 through 251! Yabla is a video-based program which offers authentic videos in these languages: Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. To obtain a Yabla license, visit the LLRC in Crown Center 208 and speak with one of our staff. To learn more about Mango read the Student Staff Yabla Review. Spring 2017