Lay the foundation for your nursing career with a BSN from the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
There's never been a more compelling time to earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing. As patient needs continue to grow in complexity, more health care employers are opting to hire BSN-prepared nurses. Earning your BSN can also lead to increased benefits, such as a higher starting salary, increased job security, and a better chance at advancement.
With a BSN from Loyola Nursing, you will be ready to dive into the nursing profession. Our faculty are committed to setting you up for success by making sure you are equipped with a solid foundation of skills and knowledge all rooted in our mission of cura personalis, care for the whole person.
- Synthesize knowledge from liberal arts, sciences, and nursing science as a basis for professional nursing practice.
- Integrate levels of prevention, quality, safety concepts and principles and leadership into professional nursing practice.
- Provide culturally competent, effective and patient-centered professional nursing care to individuals, families and communities across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the patient and interprofessional team to deliver evidence-based, safe, patient centered care to individuals, families and communities.
- Integrate values, ethics and legal knowledge into nursing practice.
- Integrate scientific evidence and patient, family and community preferences into the planning, implementation and evaluation of professional nursing care.
- Apply skills of information technology and information management effectively in professional nursing practice.
- Analyze ways governmental, institutional and professional policies directly and indirectly influence the healthcare system and population health.
Loyola offers three different BSN study options to fit your specific needs, including two accelerated options, and a RN-to-BSN option:
A BSN degree from Loyola Chicago will give you the foundation needed to care for yourself and others as you begin your career in health care. Students enrolling at Loyola Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing at the undergraduate level have the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or an Accelerated BSN (ABSN).