Key Dates and Information for 2020
- February 6, 2020: First Day of Early Voting (Illinois)
- March 1, 2020: Illinois Primary Election Voter Registration Deadline (online)
- March 3, 2020: Super Tuesday (Primary Election in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia)
- March 17, 2020: Primary Election (Illinois)
- October 18, 2020: General Election Voter Registration Deadline (Illinois)
- November 3, 2020: General Election
First time voter? Check out this comprehensive guide to hit the polls with confidence!
Sign up for election reminders and ensure you never miss an important date!
Loyola Votes Resources
Here you can find information on how to register to vote, how to vote, and how to figure out who you want to vote for both in and out of Illinois.
Here you can find information and downloadable resources from Loyola Votes that you can use to successfully host your own voter registration event!
As we enter the 2020 election season, please refer to the University’s “Guidelines for Political Activities for Students, Faculty, and Staff" if you plan to host any political activities associated with Loyola.
Article 1, Section 2 of the US Constitution mandates that the population of the country be counted every 10 years by its government, and so it has been since the first census in 1790. A count as complete and accurate as possible is extremely important as shifts in population data impact business development, government funding for public works and services, and, especially important in the current political climate, the redrawing of congressional district lines.
- April 1, 2020: National Census Day!
- April, 2020: Census takers visit individuals who live among large groups of people ie college students.
- May, 2020: Census takers visit homes that haven’t responded to the census to ensure everyone individual is counted.
- March 31, 2021: Redistricting counts are sent to states and will be used to redraw legislative districts.
To get involved with and find more information on the 2020 Census click here!