Loyola University Chicago

Office of Registration and Records

Classroom Help

Maintaining the quality of our classrooms is very important to us. We appreciate your assistance in keeping our classrooms in the best condition possible.

Departmental office assistants and chairpersons may report updates to meeting patterns, enrollment caps, and other class data to ClassScheduling@luc.edu.  If the following Q-and-A does not address your issue, please send your question to ClassScheduling@luc.edu and we will do our best to assist you.


How do I reserve classrooms and/or computer labs? 

You may reserve classrooms, computer labs, and other spaces through the 25Live reservation system, and the Campus Reservations team will assist you with your request.  Please be mindful of their Policies and Procedures

If you need to schedule a computer lab for the duration of the semester and it is a requirement for a class, please inform your department as soon as possible.  Your department will then send the day(s)/time(s) for the computer lab to ClassScheduling@luc.edu, and we will schedule it in LOCUS so that it shows up on the students’ schedules. 

Who do I contact if I am planning an event? 

If you are planning an event you will use the 25Live reservation system. The Campus Reservations team will assist you with your request.  Please be mindful of their Policies and Procedures.

What does my classroom look like?

You can find a list of the e-classrooms on the Classroom Technology Services website.  You can access virtual tours and documentation for the classrooms on Lake Shore Campus and Water Tower Campus.

What if my classroom is locked or there is an emergency?

For access to your classroom or other non-emergency matters please call the Department of Campus Safety dispatcher at (773)508-7233 at any time. 

In case of an emergency, dial 4-4911 from any campus phone. This will connect you directly to Campus Safety.

What should I do if there is broken or missing classroom furniture, such as tablet-arm desks, chairs, desks, podiums, etc..?  What if the room is too hot/cold or the thermostat is not functioning properly?  What if there are burnt-out light bulbs or other maintenance-related problems?

Please contact the Division of Facilities Management.  On their website under the Service Guide, you can submit work orders for either Lakeshore Campus or Water Tower Campus.

Where can I find chalk, markers, or erasers if there are none already in the room?

Please refer back to your department administrative support person for teaching supplies. Academic Departments would order any additional classroom supplies instructors may need.

Who do I contact for computer, projector, or instructional technology issues, such as SmartBoards or document cameras?  Who do I contact about Sakai?

Information Technology Services is the department that will be able to best connect you with the assistance you need.  For urgent equipment issues, contact the ITS Service Desk at (773)508-4487.  IT Help is also available by emailing ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu. Their Hours of operation: Monday though Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.