Loyola University Chicago

Office of Registration and Records

Requests and Forms

Please use Loyola's Online Connection to University Services (LOCUS) if you currently have access to it. The majority of student, faculty and staff needs can be addressed using LOCUS self-service.  Service Request forms are also available through LOCUS under the Online Forms & Help tab. If you do not have access to LOCUS, please feel free to use the forms provided below. 

All forms are designed to be completed and returned on-line. If on-line processing is not available to you please do not hesitate to mail, fax, or hand deliver the completed form to either the main office of Registration & Records, or to the HUB in the Sullivan Center on the Lake Shore Campus.




Authentication of American Academic Credentials

Loyola University Chicago graduates, and frequently current students, who plan to work or further their education abroad may need to authenticate their degrees, transcripts, and/or their diploma. This process is often referred to as an Apostille. This is the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the Hague Convention. It is imperative that the  graduate verifies the specific documents and authentication required by the receiving country.  Please note that many countries who were not a part of the Hague Convention are also requiring official certification of a student's education. Please note that while Loyola University Chicago does not charge for the production of transcripts, there may be certain fees associated with this process.


Student emails his/her request to audit a course to the Dean for submission to the Office of Registration & Records


For course years 2004 and current, the course descriptions can be found at the Archived Course Catalog page.

For course years 2003 and earlier, please send a request via e-mail, fax or mail to the Office of Registration and Records.  Please include your full name used while attending Loyola and as much information about the course as you may recall (i.e.,. title, instructor, term taken, division, etc.).


The Course Inventory Form is available only to the departments, the faculty and deans, through LOCUS


Please see the form for important details. 


Directory Information is information contained in the education record of a student that would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed and which can be released by Loyola without the student's permission.  However, students have the right to block the release of this information.

To do so, go to the Personal Information section on you Student Center page.


Students may request a review of the grade received for work done in a course. However, the decision to change the disputed grade is at the discretion of the faculty member. Should a change to the student's grade be warranted, the faculty member will use the Request Grade Change button available on the LOCUS Grade Roster through the 8th week of the following fall or spring term. Grade changes submitted after the 8th week of the following fall or spring term should be done using the Grade Change Request Form and sent to the student's Dean's Office for final approval.


Coursework completed to resolve the mark of "I" (Incomplete) must be submitted within the first 6 weeks of the following term; 6 weeks in to the Fall Term for Spring and Summer terms and 6 weeks in to the Spring Term for Fall and J-Term work.* The Request Grade Change button available on the LOCUS Grade Roster is used to submit the final grade. The button is available through the 8th week of the following fall or spring term. Final grades resolving an Incomplete submitted after the 8th week of the following fall or spring term should be done using the Grade Change Request Form and sent to the student's Dean's Office for final approval.

*Incomplete deadlines may differ for graduate and professional programs. Please verify deadlines with the Dean's Office.


This student initiated request is initiated with the submission of Undergraduate Request for a Mark of Incomplete (PDF) to your instructor to request an extension to the due date on which the work for your course is to be completed. Approval of this request is at the discretion of the instructor. Course work that is incomplete must be finished and submitted within 6 weeks of the start of the following term (6 weeks in to the Fall term for Spring and Summer term work and 6 weeks in to the Spring term for Fall and J-Term work). Your instructor may, at his or her discretion, set an earlier date. Failure to complete required course work within the allotted time will result in a grade of “F.” Please note: Students who are on Academic Probation may not request a temporary mark of Incomplete in any course for the term in which they are on Academic Probation.



Current Students may request to change their official name upon production of legal evidence indicating the name change. Acceptable Documentation: certified copy of a marriage license, court order reflecting name change or dissolution decree reflecting the new name in full, and government-issued ID.

Former Students may request to change their official name when there has been a court-ordered change of name. Acceptable Documentation: court order reflecting name change and government-issued ID.

The Name Change Request Form (link is below), not a copy, must be mailed or hand delivered to our office along with clear copies of the acceptable documentation (as indicated above) submitted to the notary public. A notary may be available in the Office of Registration and Records, please call ahead at 312-915-7221 to confirm that the notary is in the office on the day of your visit.

Name Change Request Form


  • Must be written, signed, faxed or mailed.  Please provide as detail as will help us respond to your request.  FERPA sensitive requests may require additional processing.  Be certain to provide clear contact information.


Student initiated. E-mail this form to your Dean.  Your Dean will submit it to the Office of Registration & Records.


The student and the academic adviser (or the dean, chairperson or program director) must complete this form. Students should meet with their academic adviser to discuss requests for permission to take courses at another institution.  For more information, go to: http://www.luc.edu/academics/catalog/undergrad/reg_permission.shtml



Generally speaking, the Privacy Act of 1974 ( http://www.justice.gov/opcl/privacyact1974.htm ) makes the disclosure of a student’s Social Security Number ("SSN") to the University voluntary.  However, there are federal and state laws that require the University to collect a student’s SSN in order to provide the student with certain services, including but not limited to, employment and student financial aid. Loyola University Chicago secures the student's SSN and uses it only as absolutely required. The SSN is never treated as a part of a student's FERPA defined directory information.

To provide the University with your SSN, or if a correction to your number needs to be made, please do the following:

  • Complete and present the Social Security Number form..
  • Appear in person at the HUB, or at the Office of Registration and Records, 820 North Michigan Ave, Ste. 510, Chicago Il 60611. Present your Social Security Card and your Student ID for copies to be made.
  • Alternatively, the original, not a copy, of the Social Security Number Form may be mailed to the Office of Registration and Records, 820 North Michigan Ave, Ste. 510, Chicago IL 60611. The Form may also be or scanned and emailed to Registrar@luc.edu. Whether mailed or emailed, the attached copies of the Social Security card and Student ID must be clean and clear.

Additional Information.


All Sports Eligibility rosters need to include the Sports Eligibility Request Form


Below are current transcript request options available to you:

For additional information please see our website: https://www.luc.edu/regrec/announcements/


Current student are requested to use LOCUS to order a certified verification of enrollment.  Former students without LOCUS access are able to order copies on-line by clicking "Verification of Enrollment."