Loyola's Retreat and Ecology Campus (LUREC) provides a peaceful setting where individuals and groups are empowered to do the work necessary for reconnection and renewal of the mind, body, and spirit. We promote the integration of prayer, reflection, and discernment into the lives of our community members, and hope to extend the same services to you as our guest.
Located in rural Woodstock, Illinois, about 50 miles northwest of Chicago, the campus boasts a prairie, woodlands, an oak savannah, ponds, and wetlands. The interior of the Retreat and Ecology Campus is just as inviting, featuring a dining room, meeting spaces, lounges, chapel, and multiple community spaces. This sanctuary of self-reflection provides a peaceful setting for your group's conference, retreat, or workshop.
Retreat. Overnight retreat packages include:
- Up to three meals in our dining room
- Overnight accommodations in our hotel-style rooms or affordable dorm-style guest rooms (single or double occupancy)
Relax. Our meeting spaces have been designed to welcome our guests and encourage a true retreat experience. Choose from multipurpose rooms, lounges, computer labs, or chapel located throughout the facility. Enjoy plush furnishings, ample lighting, and privacy in all of our meeting spaces.
Reflect. Opt to engage in one of our team building activities such as our exciting outdoor challenge and ropes course, culinary team building, hiking trails, or basketball/tennis courts.
Refuel. Enjoy freshly prepared meals in our dining hall or opt to have your meals catered to your meeting space. With a focus on local produce and sustainable food practices, we ensure that we are serving the freshest ingredients and can accommodate most dietary needs.
Consider adding a Challenge Course Component, Culinary Team Building Event, Farm Workshop, or Eco-Spirituality and Restoration Activity to enhance your retreat experience.
- Challenge Course: retreat groups already utilizing the LUREC facility can add a challenge course program to their stay. A half or full-day program can be developed to compliment the content of your group’s retreat. Your entire group can participate at one time, half the group can take part in a challenge course program while the rest participate in your own activities and then the groups can switch or we can work with you to come up with a schedule that works around your existing schedule.
- Culinary Team Building: if you are looking to enhance your retreat experience, we have several unique culinary options including group team building, an iron chef experience, and an employee incentive option. Available for groups of 6-16 guests, you will have the ability to work as a team or compete while learning important cooking fundamentals from our professional staff. All culinary events are customizable and tailored to meet the objectives, goals, and budget of individual groups.
- Farm Workshops: whether your group is interested in taking a guided tour of the gardens and farm or learning the fundamentals of sustainability, our experienced farmers will lead this unique experience. Other popular workshop topics include the essentials of planting/ harvesting, proper gardening techniques, important cooking techniques for showcasing foods, and food preservation.
- Eco-Spirituality and Restoration ActivitiesEco-Spirituality and Restoration ActivitiesEco-Spirituality and Restoration ActivitiesFor more information, including pricing, please download our Guest Retreat Brochure or contact us at email@example.com or 815.338.1032.