Title/s: Adjunct Professor
Andrea Innamorati is a Senior Policy Advisor for the Italian Ministry for Ecological Transition. He represents the Government of Italy in multilateral intergovernmental processes on sustainable development.
He was a key player in the core EU team that negotiated the United Nations 10 Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production and was focal point for the International Task Force on Education for Sustainable Consumption led by Italy. He actively participated in the Rio+20 Conference and preparatory meetings as special adviser to the EU Bureau Member. He represented Italy in the Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in the Intergovernmental Negotiations on the Post 2015 Agenda that led to the definition of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. At EU level, he is member of the Working Party on the 2030 Agenda under the auspices of the General Affairs Council and of the group of Experts on Greening the EU Semester as well as of technical preparatory working groups to the High Level Political Forum.
Before entering the Ministry for the Environment, Innamorati worked for four years in the private sector, with demanding responsibilities in commercial transactions and customer service operations, an experience which was instrumental in understanding the role and potential of the private sector in working towards sustainable development.
- Laurea, Sociology and Mass Communication Research, University “La Sapienza” in Rome
- Fellowship program, Sustainability science and governance for sustainable development, John Fitzgerald Kennedy School of Government at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs - Harvard University
- Governance mechanisms for sustainable development
- Sustainable development goals implementation
- Education for sustainable development