Loyola Employee Emergency Fund
Initially established through the Baumhart Fund, the Loyola Employee Emergency Fund is supported by donations from staff and faculty with the intent to "Help Us Help Each Other". Upon request, financial assistance may be provided to an employee through this emergency fund designed to help individual University employees (faculty and staff) recover financially from loss due to natural emergencies, accidents, catastrophes, deaths or illnesses which are no fault of the employee.
- Employees eligible for full-time benefits may apply for an emergency fund after completing 3 consecutive months of employment.
- Due to limited resources, funds will be given on a one-time basis with a maximum of $3,000.
- The fund is to cover financial losses due to circumstances, which are no fault of the employee such as natural emergencies, accidents, catastrophes, deaths or illness. The fund is not intended to help employees out of financial trouble due to poor financial management.
- An application should be submitted to LEEF@luc.edu.
- Funds are considered taxable income and tax withholding is required. The total amount will be included as income on the fund recipient's W-2
To preserve privacy, where possible, confidentiality and anonymity is maintained for all activities pertaining to LEEF accounting efforts, application materials, and program inquiries.
Please direct all inquiries and concerns to LEEF@luc.edu.