Here are our top resources and recommendations for furthering your success in your Business courses!
We highly encourage you to connect with your professor and attend office hours first! Professor office hours are often posted on the front of the syllabus, and they can serve as a great entry point to discussing how you are doing in the class and how to make productive changes in the way you study moving forward.
2. Group Tutoring
We offer group tutoring in fall and spring for the following Business courses:
- ACCT 201/202
- ECON 201/202
- INFS 247
- ISSCM 241
- FINC 301
Group tutoring for these classes is offered by at the Lake Shore and Water Tower Campus. To sign-up, follow the directions below:
- Login to TutorTrac
- Use your LUC username/password to login
- Click “Search Availability”
- Select CENTER as “Tutoring Center”
- Select SECTION as your course
- Select REASON as “Group Tutoring”
- Then click “SEARCH”
- Select the date/time of the appointment and you are good to go! **Note the location!!**
Peer tutoring is held in small groups for historically difficult classes. While the principles of collaborative and peer to peer learning are implemented like Supplemental Instruction, students versus their peer tutors are asked to prepare in advance and bring their questions to sessions.
3. Department of Information Systems Tutoring Services
The department of Information Systems offers INFS tutoring for various INFS courses (e.g. INFS 247, etc.). The fall 2019 drop-in (no appointment needed) schedule is below:
- Tuesday 1:00 - 4:30 pm (WTC) Schreiber Hall, 4th Floor Lobby
- Thursday 1:00 - 4:30 pm (WTC) Schreiber Hall, 4th Floor Lobby
- Friday 3:30 - 6:30 pm (LSC) Information Commons, Room 331
Please contact Dr. Nenad Jukić at email@example.com with any questions.
4. Success Coaching
Want to further develop your time management, test taking strategies, and overall study skills? Meet one-on-one with a Success Coach, who are training graduate students that can help take your academic success to the next level! You can talk about experiences inside and out of the classroom, identify areas of strength and growth, and create a customized, realistic plan for success. Make an appointment here.