Madonna della Strada Chapel
Madonna della Strada Chapel is Loyola University Chicago's main chapel. Unlike diocesan parishes, Madonna della Strada Chapel is operated and maintained by the University, and it functions as an apostolic outreach of the Jesuits on campus, serving a diverse and transient congregation. Like all other Catholic churches, the chapel must adhere to guidelines and policies for Roman Catholic spaces of worship and liturgical celebrations, which are are promulgated by the Archdiocese of Chicago. In addition to liturgy, Madonna della Strada Chapel serves an educational purpose, giving students the opportunity to learn more about the liturgy and train to be liturgical ministers.
Download the most current campus map with up to date walking routes.
Click here for driving directions.
Parking is available in the campus parking structure for $7.00 and is free on Sunday. There is some street parking available on nearby neighborhood streets.
Loyola is conveniently located on numerous bus and rail lines of the Chicago Transit Authority. When planning your route to campus, it is best to use the official Loyola University address: 1032 W Sheridan Road, Chicago, IL 60660.
Click any link below to learn more about our beautiful Art Deco style chapel.
- Chapel Bells. The Chapel's Bells were installed in November of 2014.
- Chapel Mural. "Crowning of Mary: Queen of Heaven and Earth, and the Society of Jesus."
- Chapel Organ. Madonna della Strada is home to to Goulding and Wood Opus 47, the Katheryn "Kay" Stamm Memorial Organ.
- Chapel Windows. Learn the history of the Chapel Windows..
- Chapel Renovation. Madonna della Strada Chapel opened its doors to the Loyola University Chicago Community in 1939.
- Restored Image of Madonna della Strada. Learn the story behind the name "Madonna della Strada."