CAS-AC Curricular Review
The Academic Council of the College of Arts and Sciences is charged by its Charter to formulate the academic aims of the College, oversee the quality of education in the College, and establish such policies as will promote these aims. Its members represent the faculty of the College (as organized in departments and other academic units, and at-large) and representatives of the Student Government of Loyola Chicago; the Dean of the College and other officers of the University as designated by the Council shall be ex-officio members of the Council, with the right to attend meetings and to address the Council but without the right to vote. The Council performs its functions in advisory capacity to the Dean.
A regular item of the Council's business when it meets each month is to review curricular applications submitted through the Council's DocFinity platform. The platform and the Council's procedures are explained on these pages.
- CAS-AC DocFinity Platform links to the platform's login: use from a campus terminal or through Loyola Secure Access; it is recommended that you use Chrome or Edge to work in the platform
- About the Platform explains fundamental points of orientation and outlines instructions for some processes using the platform
- Concepts and Terms explains concepts and terms often used in the Council's curricular review, including ones that arise in connection with the College's organization, the Council's processes, DocFinity's operations, and the academic-records system LOCUS
- Instructions for Curricular Changes walks discursively through concepts, roles, and processes of curricular change
- Instructions for Temporary Tag/Cross-listing Requests walks discursively through concepts, roles, and processes of curricular change specific to particular class-sections in particular semesters, only
- University-Mandated Items links to information about processes within which the College and the Council must operate
- DocFinity User Guide links to a .pdf pamphlet describing specific operations of the CAS-AC DocFinity platform