Resources for Faculty & Staff
The Office for Equity & Compliance strives to promote an inclusive university culture for all faculty and staff employees. Whether you are working with students or each other, we hope that the information provided in the links below can help foster a welcoming work environment for everyone. Additional resources will be developed, and included here, throughout the academic year.
- Learn more about your obligations as a Responsible Campus Partner. Check out some sample syllabus language to help you communicate these obligations to your students.
- Learn more about responding to student disclosures.
- Brush up on inclusive practices and tips.
- Consider this "Class Covenant" regarding the use of the N-word in a classroom context.
Employee Assistance Program
The University offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to help find solutions to issues and difficulties of daily life, and provide supportive materials designed to help you live a balanced lifestyle. This program is offered at no cost through Perspectives, Ltd. and is available to all employees and their families.
First Stop Health
First Stop Health (FSH) is a virtual counseling resource that provides short-term mental health care and solutions for eligible faculty and staff, and their immediate family members. These services are offered at no cost and can be accessed 24/7 via app, web, or phone.
Skillsoft - Professional Development Courses
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Dealing with Workplace Conflict
- Diversity on the Job
- Recruiting, Screening, and Onboarding Effectively
- Unconscious Bias